Load component parall in browser

asked 2015-09-07 12:36:13 +0800

FlorianSchaetz gravatar image FlorianSchaetz flag of Germany
31 6

updated 2015-09-07 13:03:48 +0800

Hi,

I've got a piece of code (JS) that needs to be loaded in my page. Unfortunately, loading this piece of c can take longer and it's preventing the browser from displaying the rest, waiting for the component to load. So I would need something like this:

a) Load the component parallelly, thus not stopping the browser from displaying the page while the component is not yet loaded.

b) Wait for the browser to display the page, then load the component correctly. I tried that with a listener for On_Render events, but it never fired.

What would be a good way to solve that problem?

I already had a look at the LongOperations, but nothing there seems to allow me starting it when a component is shown in the browser - and I don't want to put some arbitrary wait time in there.

Also: Who thought it a good idea to make the comment function not usable for people without x karma? Honestly, copying Stackoverflow seems a really bad idea for a support forum (including paying zk customers) will not have dozens of karma points...

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-09-07 12:54:12 +0800

Darksu gravatar image Darksu
1991 1 4

Hello FlorianSchaetz,

You can read the following small talk which provides a lot of useful information on how to accomplish your task:

http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/SmallTalks/2015/January/SimplifyLongOperationHandlings

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

Darksu

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2015-09-07 12:36:13 +0800

Seen: 36 times

Last updated: Sep 07 '15

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training