Sniffer Based Monitoring of ZK Apps

asked 2013-11-20 15:27:45 +0800

FranGarcia gravatar image FranGarcia

Hello All

Apologies beforehand for any inaccuracies. I am not a developer so I might not have a deep understanding on how ZK works.

My company uses a sniffer based end user experience monitoring tool. Basically it is able to capture HTTP/HTTPS traffic and allows to group by functionality using URLS, request or response fields. This allows us to say functionality X has a request time of X seconds. This works well for our standard java webapps where functionality is tied to the URL but it is hard to leverage for our ZK app (or any Ajax intensive App).

Basically, all we see is a single URL for any operation. We have tried to set up groups by the contents of different variables like cmd0, data0, etc.. but we haven't been very successful. This would work if data_0 always had the name of the functionality (ie: bill search, user profile update, etc...) but it's not that easy.

Ideally I would like that every time someone uses one of the apps' functionalities, there would be a request or response field descriptive of that operation.

Is that approach feasible? I realize that would requiere changes to the app's code. I would really appreciate if I someone could point me in the right direction or recommend some material for me to read.

This is probably very generic, but any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-11-20 15:27:45 +0800

Seen: 11 times

Last updated: Nov 20 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training