Changing URL-Pattern

asked 2010-04-29 11:03:57 +0800

TOtte gravatar image TOtte
93 2

Hi,
I want to change / hide my url pattern, but can't get it to work.
I have found this http://www.zkoss.org/doc/devguide/ch11s11s02.html, but I am not using richlets.

So right now my url pattern is: $serverurl/$applicationname/Pages/$somefolder/$somezul.zul
My index file is contained in the Pages directory.
What i would like to do would be to reach the index at $serverurl/$applicationname/index.zul and then the url should just stay at that. The user doesn't need to know about my internal folder structure.

Can anybody explain what I need to configure in web.xml or somewhere else to achieve this?
Thank you!

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-05-04 07:00:50 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

you can use component.getChildren().clear(); and Execution.createComponents(...); to achieve this.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-05-05 09:23:51 +0800

TOtte gravatar image TOtte
93 2

Thanks for your answer iamtsai. So i would have to do that in every controller?

Isn't there a way like in java server pages, where you can specify a url pattern for the whole application in one of the configuration files?

answered 2010-05-10 21:29:55 +0800

2755 1

Please forget Page Based programming model, The programming paradigm of ZK is more like Swing & Mozilla XUL than JSP or JSF.

If you really like a configuration file to manage the URL, you can use ZK Macro Component + Language Addon to do it.
Macro Component is a way to wrap your ZUL page as a Composite in Swing, with the definition(Lang-Addon) in zk.xml, you can use it in your zul file just like a real component.

And I've seen some developer even use Spring Framework to configure his own Layout structure.
A ZK's component always need to implement default constructor, that's a huge benefit for you to do anything.

answered 2010-05-12 13:03:04 +0800

buggy gravatar image buggy
57 2

Hi TOtte an iantsai,
May I ask how to you achieve your url ($serverurl/$applicationname/Pages/$somefolder/$somezul.zul) without using richlet??
I trying to make my web page to understand simple URL like
$serverurl/$applicationname/Home
or
$serverurl/$applicationname/Catalog

to more complex URL like
$serverurl/$applicationname/Catalog/ForMen/T-Shirts/BlackAndWhiteTee
but I don't know how. What I use now is Richlet and my pages URL have to be like
$serverurl/$applicationname/RichletName/HomeOrWhatever

I want to get rid of the RichletName in the URL, if that is possible. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!!

answered 2010-05-13 20:24:28 +0800

2755 1

There's a lot of way to do it, you can simply create a Servlet as a dispatcher which will handle the easy URL you mentioned by forwarding.

this is the easiest way to do it.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-04-29 11:03:57 +0800

Seen: 393 times

Last updated: May 13 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting