radiobutton databind along with save-when

asked 2010-01-13 01:51:14 +0800

kesavkolla gravatar image kesavkolla
180 3

Hi currently I use databinding annotation for binding data to various controls. I have a very large form so I want all the control values to get saved only when user clicks on save button. I use save-when property to databinding so that I can stop intermediate server calls for each control.
All controls except radio button behaving properly the way I want. For radio buttons things are not working the same way.

I have the following code:

<radiogroup id="gender"
selectedIndex="@{person.gender, save-when='btnNext.onClick', converter='com.bodyfs.ui.util.GenderToRadiogroup' }">
<radio label="M" />
<radio label="F" />
</radiogroup>

I have my model which stores the gender value as java enum. So I written a custom converter at the radiogroup level to convert the selected value to corresponding enum.

The problem is when ever I click on radio button a server call occurring to set the radio button value. I have bunch of radio buttons on my form and I don't want to send server request for clicking on each individual radio button. I want to submit all the form data together when user clicks on a button.

Why databinding save-when is not applying to radido button where as that applies properly to all other controls?

Any ideas?

-kesav

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-01-17 20:42:07 +0800

henrichen gravatar image henrichen
3869 2
ZK Team

updated 2010-01-17 21:08:34 +0800

Could you post this to ZK bugs and upload runnable working sample codes? Thanks.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-01-13 01:51:14 +0800

Seen: 589 times

Last updated: Jan 17 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting