What kind of feature in zk studio is your favorite?

asked 2008-10-08 02:39:09 +0800

dennis gravatar image dennis
3679 1 6
http://www.javaworld.com....

What kind of feature in zk studio is your favorite?
also, what should be the next feature you like to use / zk studio need to provide?

any comment is welcome.

/Dennis

delete flag offensive retag edit

15 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-10-13 08:50:11 +0800

sousa1981 gravatar image sousa1981
573 4

Favorite: Intelligent ZUL Editor in special Hyperlink Navigation (Navigate to the Java class specified in use="ClassName" attribute)
Next Feature: WYSIWYG Development with ZK Studio

I didn't see this thread, maybe it was because it is commons to look more in General and Help.
On the other side I think maybe should be an way to colorize such entry.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-10-13 09:01:27 +0800

3679 1 6

We need a 'highlight article' feature on the forum, haha.

answered 2008-10-15 10:13:26 +0800

robertpic71 gravatar image robertpic71
1275 1

Hi Dennis
Hi Marco

>> We need a 'highlight article' feature on the forum, haha.
>> I didn't see this thread, maybe it was because it is commons to look more in General and Help.

Maybe a better "rank" could solve this problem.
e.g.
Help
ZK Studio
General
Announce
Install
All

/Robert

answered 2008-10-19 18:37:21 +0800

srwright gravatar image srwright

Hey all, I have a suggestion for future versions. During page creation it would be nice to allow for additional <?init ?> tags to be generated in the .zul page. The user would provide the additional info (i.e. the class, e.g. "org.zk.MyInitCode"). ZK Studio should check to see if the class exists in the project. If not, it should create the class and all the members that need to be implemented.

I propose this for this reason: I have init code that checks if a user logged in and does the necessary redirection. All my pages require this check and it gets tedious re-writing it over and over...

answered 2008-10-20 06:30:20 +0800

3679 1 6

We did need to provide a powerful 'new zul page' wizard.
Please post it to studio feature request, thanks.

answered 2008-11-07 14:19:12 +0800

ljgrich5 gravatar image ljgrich5

I hope it supports MyEclipse!!!

answered 2008-11-26 14:43:48 +0800

3679 1 6

Does't it? what kind of problem you encountered in MyEclipse?

answered 2008-11-27 12:35:51 +0800

petr5250 gravatar image petr5250

Hi, I have a problem with MyEclipse (v. 6.5.1) too. When I open ZUL page in Visual Editor, it says that Visual Editor did not found necessary ZK jar files. But I have these jars in classpath, and they are in standard lib directory (/WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib).

Petr

answered 2008-11-27 15:38:39 +0800

3679 1 6

I think standard lib is start with /WebContent/* of eclipse , anyway we will check if it is a bug.

answered 2008-12-01 10:31:17 +0800

hkn gravatar image hkn
246 3

Hi Dennis,

I use the zk studio since month (version 0.5.3) and I am missing a few minor (1,2,3,6) and from my p.o.v. one big (4) feature:

1) I use to create the layout by editing the zu / xml file directly. What I am really missing
is a more comfortable support to assign the use/apply classes. At the moment I have to enter the full package name and then I can select the Class from the list.

2) when addressing images some kind of a file selection box including an image preview would be nice.

3) direct link from use/apply attribute to the java files or jump to an autowired event (see 4) in the java file ....

4) I love the autowire functionality and I find myself always typing the id names into my java file. This is really boring and I specially for the big zul files with a few ten ids I always do many mistypings which yields into an NULL VALUE EXCEPTIONS when accessing this fields. Same kind of a wizard could help.
Maybe a dialog like creating the getters/setters would be great. For example entering the dialog you select the
corresponding zul file, then get the list of the id's to select elements from to add them as class fields. Further the main events onXxxx$id could be generated (onCreate, onClick, onSelect). Maybe via a context menu from the ZK V.E. ...?

5) When I have to change the style of certain elements I use Firebug to find the correct names. Maybe someone has an idea how to support this by a wizard ;-)

6) When I switch from a zul file to my java code the ZK-Visual-Editor disappears. I would be great if the last selected context (zul file) would still be displayed.

I hope you will find some of my suggestion interesting enough to discuss them...

Thank you very much, you do a great job !

Kind regards!
/Horst

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-10-08 02:39:09 +0800

Seen: 836 times

Last updated: Dec 04 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting