Resize BoderLayout after change content in Center

asked 2014-01-22 09:08:20 +0800

salbader gravatar image salbader
15 5

updated 2014-01-22 09:14:19 +0800

Hello support,

My main site is a borderlayout. The north, west, south and the center area includes an Include which is applied to a controller. The controller creates a div, which also includes an Include which is applied to a composer (extends GenericForwardComposer). These composer creates the content, like grids or lists. When i change the content of these grids or lists i have to invalidate the north, west, south or center area and resize the borderlayout. In most cases this is no problem, because i know that content was changed. But when the user change the order of a list or the page (we are using paging) and we don't handle the sorting and paging by ourself, i don't catch the event and could not resize manually. The result is an incorrectly shown list or grid. In this case f.e. the height of the list is 800px, but the size of the "container" is only 700px. As a result 100px of the list are missing.

By now there is only one option. I have to handle sorting and paging by my self. But that means a lot of work ...

Am i doing something wrong, or did i miss something? Is there a possibility that zk recognize the change of the content and resize by it self?

Greetings, Sascha

PS: Borderlayout and West with vflex="min", Center with vflex="min" and flex="true". The Divs holding the lists and grids do also set vflex to min.

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

Is there a runnable sample that can reproduce this issue for further investigation? And what is your ZK version, testing browser/browser version?

benbai ( 2014-01-23 00:28:26 +0800 )edit

Hi benbai, there is a new thread with a running sample on ZkFiddle. See http://forum.zkoss.org/question/91209/size-problems-with-borderlayout/

Greetings

salbader ( 2014-02-20 10:48:06 +0800 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-01-22 11:26:48 +0800

chillworld gravatar image chillworld flag of Belgium
5367 4 9
https://github.com/chillw...

updated 2014-01-22 11:27:07 +0800

Maybe this can help you point to the right direction(I have no idea this can help but maybe it can help you)

Events.ON_VISIBILITY_CHANGE
link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-01-22 09:08:20 +0800

Seen: 14 times

Last updated: Jan 22 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training