zk application like appfuse

asked 2013-04-19 19:56:22 +0800

gamefeeder gravatar image gamefeeder
33 3

updated 2013-04-19 19:59:03 +0800

is there any starter application that is like appfuse for zk? appfuse is very good program to start your project. you can define your project name before download, beauty UI, many feature http://appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+QuickStart

Foundational frameworks in AppFuse:

Bootstrap and jQuery

Maven, Hibernate, Spring and Spring Security

Java 7, Annotations, JSP 2.1, Servlet 3.0

Web Frameworks: JSF, Struts 2, Spring MVC, Tapestry 5

JPA Support

AppFuse comes out of the box with features that many applications need, including:

Authentication and authorization

User management

Remember Me (which saves your login information so you don't have to log in every time)

Password reminder

Signup and registration

SSL switching

Extension-less URLs

File upload

Generic CRUD backend

Full Eclipse, IDEA and NetBeans support

Fast startup and no deploy with Maven Jetty Plugin

Testable on multiple appservers and databases with Cargo and profiles

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-04-20 08:11:34 +0800

azli gravatar image azli
24 3

As far as i know, appfuse are not planning to use zk. And i can not find any application similar to appfuse that using zk. The closest you can get is zksample2. It is the best zk sample application here, includes user managemnt,authentication,authorization,crud,listing,spring hibernate jasper..its so easy to understand the app. The drawback is its still using zk5 (but i think stephan is working on new version)..

http://forum.zkoss.org/question/41960/new-zksample2-app-spring-aop-security-hibernate-hibernate-generic-dao-jasper/

Next option is official zk essentials. Very good to new users. It will guide you step by step with awesome explanation

However there is no app that is as out-of-the-box as appfuse. Which is the main reason we prefer appfuse than zk. Well we make programs for clients so we want to minimize integration things. Zk is very nice framework so i keep play around with it but it doesnt offer the features that appfuse does. Basically appfuse is more ready for real world app

Oh btw, i read that zk studio 2 can help you create new project with maven easily. But it just a simple app. There's nothing like appfuse.

I really hope zk team can produce something like appfuse. They're capable of it.

Ps appfuse look and feel come from twitter bootstrap. So its nice

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

thank you for answer. i already using zksample2. i will see zk essential and studio as you suggested. i also agree that appfuse is the best starter. but dont have zk

gamefeeder ( 2013-04-20 11:33:53 +0800 )edit

answered 2013-08-20 13:22:24 +0800

terrytornado gravatar image terrytornado flag of Germany
9393 3 7 16
http://www.oxitec.de/

I hope there will be in the next future a little demo app with code where i can see how bootstrap and less are playing together with zk than i'm trying to port zksample2 to zk7 :-)

best Stephan

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-04-19 19:56:22 +0800

Seen: 33 times

Last updated: Aug 20 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training