Error "[error] Element z_q3k_o not found " while executing Selenium test script .

asked 2010-10-12 04:53:53 +0800

kapil4ya gravatar image kapil4ya
172 2

Hello All,

I have recorded a Test script using Selenium IDE tool for the login functionality. Tool identified the login link as element "z_q3k_o". But when I run the recorded script, tool shows a error message " Element z_q3k_o not found ".

Please suggest me on the same. Thanks in advance.

delete flag offensive retag edit

6 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-10-12 06:08:25 +0800

172 2

Hello Guys,

Let me share my problem in detail, hope you will understand the help me out.

Actually, I have recorded a Selenium (IDE) script for login functionality. In my recorded script, I have performed an operation "click" for "login link" element and application always generate a new ID for Login link. So when I run the recorded script. application generates a new ID for login link element and tool shows that error message that "Element z_q3k_o not found ".

Please suggest me, that how should I record my selenium script for such case. Because every time, when I will RUN the recorded script. It will show the same error message and discontinue the script.

Please help me out for this.

Thanks

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-10-12 06:19:45 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi kapil4ya,
2 ways to resolve this.
1. Use Id id-to-uuid prefix.
2. Use ztl to write your test cases

answered 2010-10-14 01:41:51 +0800

172 2

Hello ashishd,

Thanks for the help and as per your first way, we implemented the "id-to-uuid" prefix method in the application.
Now I did my first test where the I entered username and password, then clicked the login button. Selenium recorded the operations, I performed. But the clicking on "Login" button is missing. I performed this function for 2 - 3 times, but every time, I found the operation (clicking login button) missing in the recorded script.

Please suggest me on the same.

answered 2010-10-18 21:11:37 +0800

1972 6

Hi kapil4ya,
Can you provide me your sample page? Also tell us what selenium & ZK versions you are using. Thanks.

answered 2010-10-20 01:28:19 +0800

172 2

Hello Ashishd,

Thanks for your reply.
We are using ZK 5.0.3 and Selenium IDE 1.0.7. Hope you are clear with my problem. If not let me explain you once again.

Actually I recorded a test script (Selenium IDE) for Login functionality with Username, Password and clicking "Login" button. Selenium IDE recorded the script but "Click" event for "Login" button is missing. ie Selenium didn't recognize the Login button.

Hope you are clear with the issue that I am facing.

Awaiting your reply.

answered 2010-10-20 01:53:45 +0800

1972 6

Hi Kapil4ya,
To be honest we found several bugs while testing with selenium recording for testing and fixed them while developing ztl selector plugin (demonstrated here) and it is still under development. I would strongly recommend using ztl for your testing purpose.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-10-12 04:53:53 +0800

Seen: 387 times

Last updated: Oct 20 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting