Inter Page Comunication

asked 2008-09-03 14:22:01 +0800

zuzsso gravatar image zuzsso

Hi, my name's Nick and I'm currently writting an application using ZK framework-Tomcat-Oracle-SSL architecture.
I read the documentation and I have some doubts. I can't find any example of what I'm asking now in that documentation

I don't know how to pass information between pages. I know them explain how to, using send and post events, but without examples

I have an initial page called index.zul. It has a Window, some textboxes, buttons and Captcha component. Index.zul is the Log-on page. Once you've fill out the data, you press the "LOG ON" button.

The "LOG-ON" button has the "HREF" attribute set to "menu.zul", so menu.zul is rendered after pressed this button. I have to check the values of index.zul page in menu.zul page. So, I have to access to the components of index.zul in menul.zul. But, how?

Index.zul and menu.zul are on the same war file

I used the "src" clause, but it makes the two pages rendered at the same time.
I used the getPage method of the Desktop object, but index.zul isn't on the desktop of menu.zul.

I'm a bit confused. Could you please help me? I've already downloaded the html-docs for dev's reference and dev-guide

Thank you in advance

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-09-03 19:59:09 +0800

zuzsso gravatar image zuzsso

I response myself: you can set parameters in the current session object. For instance.
The page index.zul can execute this sentence:

desktop.getSession().setAttribute ("attrName", "attrValue");

The page menu.zul can execute this other:
varNam=(String)desktop.getsession().getAttribute("attrName");

where varNam is java.io.String

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-09-03 14:22:01 +0800

Seen: 205 times

Last updated: Sep 03 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting