How to retrieve the current FunctionMapper

asked 2013-09-27 11:33:09 +0800

aros54 gravatar image aros54

I have a built in Variable resolver / function mapper to resolve some EL in code. When my managed EL rules are not satisfied I wold like to delegate the EL interpretation to the default page mechanism. I retrieve the Page's FunctionMapper object with this code: component.getPage().getFunctionMapper(). However, sometimes component's page is null and the mechanism fails. Any suggestion on how to reach the current FuncionMapper?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-10-02 05:50:14 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

Hi,

if the page is null, it means the component has not been attached a page yet and the function mapper cannot be determined yet safely. As the component could be attached to any page afterwards having different variable scopes.

I suggest you wait with accessing a functionMapper until the component is attached to a page (e.g. by overriding onPageAttached)

Robert

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-09-27 11:33:09 +0800

Seen: 4 times

Last updated: Oct 02 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training