Detect browser connection unavailability

asked 2013-06-26 08:33:39 +0800

cocoes gravatar image cocoes flag of Spain
94 6

Hello,

I've an application updated with server push independently from customer interaction, with massive updates to desktop objects.

Analyzing some memory leaks I've realized that when the customer browser losses it's connection (not closing the browser or leaving the app), mainly with iPads, the server does not detects it because it does not receives the rmDesktop message, and it keeps pushing updates to the customer desktop objects.

Is there any way to detect that the browser is not asking for updates trough zkau servlet in order to remove the desktop object from the server memory? For example like accessing the last zkau execution time...

Regards,

Vicente

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

you can use EventInterceptor to log event execution time

benbai ( 2013-07-10 04:36:27 +0800 )edit

Hi ben, many thanks. Sorry, I duplicated the forum thread, I solved the problem as explained here: http://forum.zkoss.org/question/87033/zkau-servlet-last-execution-detection/

cocoes ( 2013-07-10 10:36:44 +0800 )edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
3 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-06-26 08:33:39 +0800

Seen: 17 times

Last updated: Jun 26 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training