Search Engine Friendly ZK

asked 2009-11-03 04:52:07 +0800

Bobzk gravatar image Bobzk
444 1 8

Some time last week I saw somewhere on the ZK site a way of making a ZK application a bit more search engine friendly.

I seem to remember it was something like adding "tag=true" into the zk.xml (or similar). The thing I also remember was that it could be a performance problem.

I wanted to spend some time this week evaluating it, seeing how it worked etc etc.

Unfortunately I can not find the relevant page. I've spent a good hour searching google and the forum for 'seo', 'search engine', 'search friendly' etc but still can't find it.

Maybe I just dreamt it all?

Any body got a clue about this?

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-11-03 11:20:19 +0800

lovetide gravatar image lovetide
169 1 7

I'm dreaming it too, but I always treat AJAX web application as an opposite to Search Engine Friendly feature untill search engine can execute the AJAX JavaScript code and parse the result.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-11-03 11:41:36 +0800

robertpic71 gravatar image robertpic71
1275 1

I know only this ways:
1. Use dual link:
i.e

Button
Href=link for the webcrawerls and non-javascript browsers
onClick event= ajax action (href will be ignored)

2. Create a sitemap file

/Robert

answered 2009-11-04 08:15:05 +0800

444 1 8

Perhaps I should have titled this 'Search Engine "Friendlier" ZK'

I am aware and appreciate the problems with search engines and ajax - that's why I was surprised to see somewhere in ZK that they have a way of making it "friendlier" if not friendly. I wanted to play with it to see what it actually did.

But as there is no reply from ZK, I really must have imagined I'd seen something about it and that it was something like "tag=true". I am starting to worry now that I am cracking up!

I can't even remember if it was perhaps something new in ZK 5.

Oh well, one day I'll find out what I was thinking about.

answered 2009-11-06 02:03:23 +0800

PeterKuo gravatar image PeterKuo
481 2

http://docs.zkoss.org/wiki/New_Features_of_ZK_5.0_RC

Specifying crawlable content

You are not able to specify whether content is crawlable, this works by generating tags within your content where content only exists in the form of Javascript. This allows your content to be crawled by Google and is similar to how the client-centric frameworks behave. However, there is a performance penalty so this option is disabled by default. You can enable it by using the example below.

<system-config>
<crawlable>true</crawlable>
</system-config>

answered 2009-11-07 14:20:56 +0800

444 1 8

Thanks PeterKuo - mainly because i now know I am not cracking up and I did see it (:-)

I'll play around with it and see how it works/performs.

Thanks again.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-11-03 04:52:07 +0800

Seen: 551 times

Last updated: Nov 07 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting