Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

asked 2021-01-24 00:14:24 +0800

Jtt gravatar image Jtt

Change session expired error message

Hi! I've implemented few security constraints with Spring-security in our project. This is working as intended but when a session replaces another one (I mean, one user logs in with X credentials while other is in the same account with the same credentials) an alert-type of message is displayed. This message reads "The response could not be parsed. Expected JSON formant (Please check console for details). missing ) in parenthetical" (I lack karma to upload the picture, sorry!). After checking in the console, the actual error is due my security implementation.

What I would like to do is to edit the message displayed in the client, as our users are far from being 'techy' and I can imagine them being scared for "Being yelled at 'JSON'". This scenario actually shouldn't happen but better be safe.

So, do I have access to this popup? It seems that is Javascript generated, as it uses ZKs style (Sliding down from the top of the screen).

Have a nice day!

click to hide/show revision 2
little not for bad wording

Hi! I've implemented few security constraints with Spring-security in our project. This is working as intended but when a session replaces another one (I mean, one user logs in with X credentials while other is in the same account with the same credentials) an alert-type of message is displayed. This message reads "The response could not be parsed. Expected JSON formant (Please check console for details). missing ) in parenthetical" (I lack karma to upload the picture, sorry!). After checking in the console, the actual error is due my security implementation.

What I would like to do is to edit the message displayed in the client, as our users are far from being 'techy' and I can imagine them being scared for "Being yelled at 'JSON'". This scenario actually shouldn't happen but better be safe.

So, do I have access to this popup? It seems that is Javascript generated, as it uses ZKs style (Sliding down from the top of the screen).

Have a nice day!

EDIT:

By "Javascript genereted" I meant that this element is generated on event, not that is a Javascript alert. It has 'z-error' class.

click to hide/show revision 3
Added image of message/error

image description

Have a nice day!

EDIT:

By "Javascript genereted" I meant that this element is generated on event, not that is a Javascript alert. It has 'z-error' class.

EDIT 2: Added image of this message.

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More