Second eBook: multi page ZK websites with responsive design

asked 2014-12-17 10:43:44 +0800

terrytornado gravatar image terrytornado flag of Germany
9393 3 7 16
http://www.oxitec.de/

updated 2014-12-17 10:44:07 +0800

Hi all,

i was busy and finished the second e-Book.

Preface

A lot of the developers who have reading the ZKBoost e-Book written to me about how the website http://www.oxitec.de is build as they seen in the browser code that the page looks like that there are ZK widgets in it.

In fact it seems like a normal standard website like a Wordpress template with the help of Bootstrap.

As I finished the first draft of the ZKBoost e-Book I want to have a new modern looking website. And there are such a lot of ready to work and excellent looking HTML website templates out in the web which i could use for it. But I am not a PHP developer and want to have the logic in java code. Therefore I have tried to build the new website with the ZK Framework that i self can make every modification that i need.

As I began develop web applications with my lovely ZK framework it was the 3.5.1 version. The standard base theme was the in build blue theme that comes with the ZUL components. Designing an other layout with only ZK ZUL components that looks like 'normal' website was a heavy work.

But the truth is it can be very easy if you take the right component types for the layout.

There are no secrets and no tricks. The draft of our new website needs less than 5 hours of work and I will show you how to do that by migrating a plain HTML website template to ZK. We do this in a multipage architecture where every page has it's own URL. Consequently I write little bit about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and explain how we adjust our single pages with meta tags and force Google to index our new Website.

This e-Book is bundled with a complete and running multi-page website project and requires the ZKBoost code for integration of it's functionality.

e-Books

have fun with it.

best Stephan

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-12-17 10:43:44 +0800

Seen: 31 times

Last updated: Dec 17 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training