Going crazy? "too many" pages maybe ? It's not a session time out issue so really stuck here...

asked 2012-09-14 03:00:48 +0800

rickcr gravatar image rickcr
704 7

I'm stumped here since nothing is showing up in the logs.

When I access our application directly (tomcat6) things run just fine.

However, when we try to ask with siteminder intercepting all requests (different domain url mapped to the server), I start getting the Ajax timeout being fired. I notice the default message mentions "This is normally closed by a session time, OR opening too many pages."

Somehow it has to be related to the latter but I have no idea how to fix it. It's not the session timing out since I can print out the user in the session on the timeout page (once configured) so the http session is still valid.

This error starts happening IMMEDIATELY open clicking anything in the application. Any ideas what I could do to remedy this situation?

Thanks so much

delete flag offensive retag edit

7 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-09-14 03:38:08 +0800

704 7

hmm this interesting. If I actually declare the desktop timeout in the zk.config...

<desktop-config>
    <desktop-timeout>3600</desktop-timeout>
</desktop-config>

Things seem to work ok? That doesn't make sense though since isn't the default is 3600 and that's what I set it to http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZK%20Configuration%20Reference/zk.xml/The%20desktop-config%20Element

Now I'm really baffled.. why would I need to set that in order to get things to work?

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2012-09-14 03:49:03 +0800

704 7

I actually I'm wrong that didn't fix it. The issue is still happening although that did seem to add a little time before I notice the time out. So weird. I'm not sure what siteminder is doing but it's wreaking havoc on my zk app.

answered 2012-09-14 04:08:25 +0800

704 7

And it didn't even buy me time.. it's just not consistent when it goes to the timeout page. It's anywhere from the first click of something to the 5 th or so.

answered 2012-09-14 04:24:08 +0800

jj gravatar image jj
638 3

Don't know much about siteminder, but my suspicion is that it messed up the URL for ZK ajax calls. Maybe examining the siteminder log will help?

answered 2012-09-14 04:33:20 +0800

704 7

Thanks jj, yea i'm going to have them look at them tomorrow. Is there something I should look for particularly that could be causing the issue in regard to the URL being mangled?

answered 2012-09-14 05:10:45 +0800

jj gravatar image jj
638 3

I think all zk ajax calls are http://...../zkau
You can examine it easily on the client side using firebug or chrome developer tools, then see how siteminder handles those requests.

answered 2012-09-14 05:17:52 +0800

704 7

Thanks jj, they managed to bounce the siteminder webserver for dealing with another issue and now magically my zk stuff is working. Wish I knew what it was doing in case it happens again, but for now their restart cleared things up. Thanks again.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-09-14 03:00:48 +0800

Seen: 111 times

Last updated: Sep 14 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting