how to get started with GAE?

asked 2012-06-21 15:23:57 +0800

czynga gravatar image czynga

Hello,

I need help with some basics here to get ZK running on Google App Engine.

First I'm creating a new (Google) Web Application project and then I'm manually adding 'Dynamic Web Module' and 'ZK Studio Supports' facets in the project properties.

Now I think I'm ready to follow the ZK Installation Guide/Setting up Servers/Google App Engine tutorial, but I'm a bit confused about the configuration files' location. At the moment I've got two directories: war with google's stuff and WebContent with ZK's configuration and libraries. They both have WEB-INF directory so where should I place zk.xml, web.xml, appengine-web.xml and all required libraries?

I guess I must somehow merge them two directories but I don't know how. Could somebody help me with that, please.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2012-06-24 22:16:28 +0800

czynga gravatar image czynga

updated 2012-06-24 23:13:21 +0800

I have found the solution so I'm posting it here for future reference.

There is an option to change the Content Directory while adding Dynamic Web Module. To do that one have to click on the "Further configuration available..." link and replace default "WebContent" with "war".

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2012-06-21 15:23:57 +0800

Seen: 94 times

Last updated: Jun 24 '12

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting