is it possible to use checkmark in treecol?

asked 2010-04-08 00:09:50 +0800

yunchang83 gravatar image yunchang83

hi, i have a tree and i am setting checkmark for all the tree items. but i want a main one at the header to perform a select all. is it possible to do it? i have checked the api and seems like there is no way. anyone has done it before or is there a workard?

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-04-08 01:59:08 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi yunchang83,
This has to be implemented by application developer. Please take a look at the answer I posted to similar thread here.

Thanks
- Ashish

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-04-08 02:10:12 +0800

hi ashishd,
i know this could be done at the tree root checkmark. but what i wanted was to have a checkmark at the header, and then allow users to select and then check all the tree roots and tree children. i believe it is not the same as what you have mentioned in the thread.

Thanks & Regards,
yunchang83

answered 2010-04-08 02:40:09 +0800

ashishd gravatar image ashishd flag of Taiwan
1972 6

Hi yunchang83,
Sorry I misunderstood your question. However I am not sure what you mean by "header" as tree component doesn't have its own header as such. In your case you might have a single checkbox placed right above your tree root items's checkmark and on when user selects this checkbox(which is not part of tree component) you can recursively select all tree items using getTreeChildren() method on treeitem components.

Thanks
- Ashish

answered 2010-04-08 02:55:46 +0800

hi ashishd,
thanks for giving me the solution, i have found out that i can actually include a checkbox into the tree at the header. (the header means the treecol, the 1st row that does not come with checkmark) i just needed to do it this way below:

<tree checkmark="true" multiple="true">
    <treecols>
        <treecol>
            <checkbox label=""/> Title
        </treecol>
    </treecols>
</tree>

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-04-08 00:09:50 +0800

Seen: 196 times

Last updated: Apr 08 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting