Frustrations with ZK & GAE

asked 2010-03-31 15:15:42 +0800

kesavkolla gravatar image kesavkolla
180 3

I am going through lot of frustration with ZK and Google App Engine (GAE). First thing Zk's startup it takes too much time to start and with GAE's concept of inactivate/activate the server depends on load I get 500 server error every time. I do get many many logs in the error log where it says request is taking too long time. The time to process request is significantly long with ZK's architecture of serving scripts and wpd files from jar file. I can't put them in Google's CDN to better manage them.

Second issue is session data. Zk's extensive use of session is not working properly with GAE. I get "too many web pages opened errror" very frequently. I just have a list box which displays a paginated view over 300 items and I get the above error. I am not sure how the data is managed with list model. I guess ZK keeps all the data in session and GAE tries to keep the session either in memcache or datastore which is causing serious issues in terms of limits etc...

Any one is using ZK on GAE successfully?

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-04-06 02:03:53 +0800

tmillsclare gravatar image tmillsclare
799 2 5 30

@kesavkolla

Just wondered if you had followed this guide and taken a look at the limitations?

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-04-06 20:56:59 +0800

tomyeh gravatar image tomyeh
610 1 3
http://blog.zkoss.org ZK Team

There is a sample application that you can check it out with svn:
svn co https://zkforge.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/zkforge/trunk/zk-gae/ zk-gae

answered 2010-05-12 10:43:50 +0800

johnnyright gravatar image johnnyright
78 1

Hi kesavkolla, can you post your code

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-03-31 15:15:42 +0800

Seen: 511 times

Last updated: May 12 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting