Got trouble when using JQuery Lightbox Plugin with ZK

asked 2010-01-21 02:52:27 +0800

gugufish gravatar image gugufish

Hello everyone,
I got a trouble when I use JQuery lightbox plugin (http://leandrovieira.com/projects/jquery/lightbox/) with ZK. I use the example of lightbox and it is worked on IE 6, IE 8, FF 3.0, FF 3.5, Chrome 3, and Chrome 4.

And I package it into zul. It is worked on FF 3.5. But on IE 6 , IE 8, and FF 3.0, it is not worked at first time if I click one picture. It redirects to a page and show the picture. If I back previous page and click one picture again, it is worked. So I think it got some trouble when user come into the page at first time because I refresh the main page but it is not worked again.

By the way, the lightbox within zul is not worked on Chrome 3 and Chrome 4.

What's wrong with this plugin or is it conflicting with ZK?

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2010-01-21 20:48:26 +0800

kesavkolla gravatar image kesavkolla
180 3

updated 2010-01-21 20:48:54 +0800

Recently I encountered the similar problem with some other plugin. The jquery that bundled with zk was actually modified/enhanced one. Some of the core functions of JQuery have been modified which cause some plugins to fail. I have created a fix basically put back the original JQuery code rather than modified by zk. Send me an email to kesavkolla at hotmail dot com. I can send you the file. I don't know how to attach files right here but I can send email.

HTH
-kesav

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-01-24 22:48:33 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

You can point out the issues which cause the problem, maybe there's a way that ZK Team can fix it.

answered 2010-01-30 12:32:04 +0800

kesavkolla gravatar image kesavkolla
180 3

Basically there is some optimization code that has been put in place of original JQuery. That optimization causes some serious issues with lots of plugins. The functions show and hide won't work under some scenarios. Since lot of plugins use this show/hide methods and because of the change in ZK's version they won't work. I just put back the original JQuery's show/hide methods in a different js file jquery.fix.js and added this at the top of my page. That solves issues of show/hide for most of the plugins.

I think ZK should integrae JQuery 1.4 so that will be more faster and no need to add it's own optimizations.

answered 2010-01-31 21:18:41 +0800

PeterKuo gravatar image PeterKuo
481 2

@kesavkolla
Thank you for your good opinion.

I posted it to feature request, and we'll keep track on it.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2943477&group_id=152762&atid=785194

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2010-01-21 02:52:27 +0800

Seen: 752 times

Last updated: Jan 31 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting