listgroup unsupported child in listbox?

asked 2009-12-21 12:08:16 +0800

fngaserin gravatar image fngaserin

I am currently testing listbox with listgroup in Zk 5 and installed Zk Studio 0.9.6 on Eclipse 3.5.1.
However, whenever I add listgroup in the listbox, I always gets "Fail to render: Unsupported child for Listbox: <Unsupported null>".
I try to ignore the message and run it on Tomcat 6. It creates HTTP Error 500 with stack trace on console. The stack trace shows that the call throws a DefinitionNotFoundException by the Parser class. It mentions that in xul/html, list group is not defined in the definition.

I made a search through the source code what the problem might be. I finally found that in zul.jar, the lang.xml does not contain the definition for listgroup. Is listgroup not supported in Zk 5 anymore? But I doubt it. What seems to be the problem here?

delete flag offensive retag edit

8 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-12-22 05:35:35 +0800

henrichen gravatar image henrichen
3869 2
ZK Team

updated 2009-12-22 05:36:23 +0800

You need to download PE evaluation edition.

http://www.zkoss.org/download/zk.dsp

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2010-05-06 10:55:50 +0800

tommi gravatar image tommi

Sorry to reopen such an old thread but I got a quite similar problem.

I'm using listgroup component that is located in org.zkoss.zul package that is part of the open source download.

You can create Listgroups with no tangible problems in java code.
The problem happens on render fase, the component created in the final zul page seems to be a listitem instead of a listgroup.
I inspected it with firebug and no listgroup css classes were applied.

The problem could be related to the previous posts.

The point is, is there some way to render listgroups the proper way? Or I can only use them as logical organization without effective rendering difference for free?

answered 2010-05-06 21:51:04 +0800

PeterKuo gravatar image PeterKuo
481 2

You asked a tricky problem.
If that's so easy to achieve the same effect without listgroup.
Then we would not choose listgroup as a part of PE edition.

If you only want very limited function of PE, you may contact info at zkoss dot org.

answered 2010-05-07 03:47:00 +0800

tommi gravatar image tommi

Ok got it...

Thank you so much for you quick answer.

answered 2010-06-24 14:31:50 +0800

jdeboer gravatar image jdeboer

Hi,

I am facing the exact problem. I migrated from 3.6 to 5.0. I have downloaded the zkpe-evaluation jar. And the listgroup is displayed as a regular listitem. If I understand well, I need to buy the zkpe edition (except if it is an open source project) ?
My question is the following:

Does zkoss plan to make the zul components not free little by little?

answered 2010-06-24 21:29:32 +0800

jimyeh gravatar image jimyeh
2047 1 4
ZK Team

updated 2010-06-24 21:33:45 +0800

@jdeboer,

The change from ZK 3's GPL and commercial model to the LGPL offers the community the ability to use ZK 5 CE free of charge wherever they please, including open source or commercial applications.

If your project is GPL-compatible or open source, you can apply to use ZK 5 PE or EE under ZK Open Source License (ZOL) free of charge. If you are interested in this, please contact info AT zkoss DOT org.

For more licensing information, please visit http://www.zkoss.org/license/
and ZK 5 licensing FAQ http://www.zkoss.org/license/faq.dsp.

Jim

answered 2010-06-26 11:49:42 +0800

jdeboer gravatar image jdeboer

I just think it is a little bit rough to have a functionality which used to work perfectly out of the box. And now, it is suddenly unavailable. I know everyone need to earn money and nothing is really free in this world,
By the way, I 've downloaded the pe evaluation version and the listgroup is displayed as a regular listitem. Is it normal ?

I will contact zkoss for PE Edition. Thank you and have a nice day.

Julien

answered 2010-06-28 20:07:34 +0800

PeterKuo gravatar image PeterKuo
481 2

@jdeboer what's your sample code?
You may goto
http://books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZK_Component_Reference

and search listgroup, it has sample code inside it.

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-12-21 12:08:16 +0800

Seen: 944 times

Last updated: Jun 28 '10

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting