ZK 5.0 RC2 Released

asked 2009-12-08 02:59:53 +0800

tmillsclare gravatar image tmillsclare
799 2 5 30

We are proud to announce the release of ZK 5 RC2 with our developer-centric approach. We have included a host of new features including two large architectural innovations, new components and numerous new features! Take a look at the new features!

delete flag offensive retag edit

6 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-12-08 11:32:45 +0800

ErayGursoy gravatar image ErayGursoy
34 1

updated 2009-12-08 13:22:16 +0800

Hello all,

TEGSOFT Software Solutions has announced TobeCRM RC2.
Release version is expected at the beginning of 2010 Jan.
This CRM is build on Tobe framework just to show its abilities and how to create fast,better and cheap software.
Tobe framework is perfect combination of ZK (http://www.zkoss.org) and its own database infrastructure.
Tobe is subject to GPL v3 and free to use for commercial use.
TobeOS is subject to commercial license included in the demo site.
http://www.tegsoft.com/Tobe/

People interested in tobe or tobeos can email questions to [email protected]
and people interested in TobeCRM can email questions to [email protected]

check the demo site,
http://www.tegsoft.com/Tobe/

P.S. we are preparing documentation and small talks and share them after release.
Thanks ZK team for great, fast, reliable framework.

Tegsoft Sales Team

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-12-09 19:20:09 +0800

mklaene gravatar image mklaene

I've been a fan of ZK for quite some time. I certainly don't begrudge anyone for wanting to make a living off of the software they write either but I certainly feel like the licensing issue is a work in progress and has many people concerned.

At the very least, I would like to see this type of wording changed in the release notes. It will be seen as misleading by many. It should mention the dual-mode licensing structure. Otherwise, people will assume LPGL across the board and that may cause frustration later on. That's just my 2 cents on the subject:

To extend our reach beyond what a GPL-licensed framework can achieve, ZK 5 is now moving to LGPL (Lesser General Public License) offering more freedom and allowing ZK to be integrated with more frameworks under different licensing models.

Now, with the LGPL-licensed ZK 5, you are free to use, develop and deploy your ZK powered application/framework, regardless of whether it is open source, proprietary, or commercial.

answered 2009-12-11 03:08:15 +0800

799 2 5 30

@mklaene
Thanks for your comments we have updated page such as our release notes and new features to make it clearer!

answered 2009-12-14 06:56:14 +0800

smigol gravatar image smigol flag of Italy
316 2

@tmillsclare
hello, I just downloaded ZK-5.0.0-RC2 but I noticed that some libraries are missing:

- Zml.jar;
- Zkmax.jar;
- Zkex.jar;
- All sources ;

Why do this if you always say that Popular Full-Featured (type BorderLayout) added to ZK 5 Community Edition?
How can I download them?

thank you very much
@smigol

answered 2009-12-14 21:32:04 +0800

799 2 5 30

@smigol

* The BorderLayout is included in zul.jar which is present in every distribution
* zkex.jar is included in the professional edition
* zkmax.jar and zml.jar are present in Enterprise edition
* Source code is available here

Please remember, if you are developing an open source application there is an Open Source License available for both Professional and Enterprise editions. If you require that please contact us!

Thanks,
Tim

answered 2009-12-19 08:43:17 +0800

jimyeh gravatar image jimyeh
2047 1 4
ZK Team

Dear ZK users,

The change from ZK 3's GPL and commercial model to the LGPL offers the community the ability to use ZK 5 CE wherever they please, including open source or commercial applications.

For people who count on ZK 3 PE and EE, we continue our support for the open source community by providing any GPL-compatible or open source project the ability to make use of ZK 5 PE and EE under ZK Open Source License free of charge. If you are interested in this, please contact [email protected].

For more licensing information, please visit http://www.zkoss.org/license/
and ZK 5 licensing FAQ http://www.zkoss.org/license/faq.dsp.

Best,
Jim Yeh
The ZK Team

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-12-08 02:59:53 +0800

Seen: 1,380 times

Last updated: Dec 19 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting