Hanging on "Processing"

asked 2009-04-21 19:27:48 +0800

dastultz gravatar image dastultz
797 9

I have a moderately complex app running in Zk 3.5.2. The users complain about the app occasionally getting "stuck". A click on a component that is supposed to replace a custom calendar with a day view simply results in the "Processing" box displaying and no other response. I don't think the page is especially large in terms of components. At least one user claimed to have to reboot the computer to get out of it. I suspect this user was not especially technically savy, so I don't know how much that is worth.

I can't reproduce the problem. I'm looking for some general ideas to troubleshoot this. What happens on the client side when the server fails to respond in a timely manner or doesn't respond at all? Suppose the server returns a 503 error or something?

I'm sure the users are using IE on Windows. Are there any patterns to IE hanging on "Processing"? Is there anything purely client-side that could be causing this?

Thanks.
/Daryl

delete flag offensive retag edit

9 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-04-22 12:11:05 +0800

797 9

I'm bumping this thread because it seems to have disappeared from the listing.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-04-22 14:01:27 +0800

msrednsi gravatar image msrednsi
106 2

Hello, i'm experiencing this problem: also zk 3.5.2, Safari 3.2.1. Mac OS X. Using FF 3.1b3 it runs fine.

It showed up after adding to the app an autorefresh capability using server push and i began using the tablelayout/columnlayout component.

My app use a single desktop interface, where dynamically created windows are used to access application objects and processes. The point is that simple windows load ok but some complex ones, always with tablelayout/columnlayout inside tabs, do not: the desktop hungs with the "Processing" message.

If a refresh the safari window, the desktop is rebuilt and runs fine till i open the complex window.
But, it happends that refreshing the safari window and retrying i usually can make those complex windows to work again. And from here on the problem is gone.

So, it must be some bug on the render engine but i don't know how to reproduce it outside my application. As dastultz asked before, any ideas to solve this?

answered 2009-04-23 03:00:08 +0800

jumperchen gravatar image jumperchen
3909 2 8
http://jumperchen.blogspo... ZK Team

Hi all,

Could you try the latest ZK version?

/Jumper

answered 2009-04-23 13:16:50 +0800

797 9

Hi Jumper,

Would you be referring to 3.6.0 or the current Freshly? Is Freshly considered production-ready (stable)? Is Freshly a bug fix branch or the latest development?

Do you have reason to believe changes from 3.5.2 to 3.6.0 might affect this problem?

/Daryl

answered 2009-04-24 01:52:23 +0800

3909 2 8

Hi Dary,

I just recommend you to give it a try, because from our environment we cannot reproduce your issue.
Or is it possible to provide a sample, or an URL can access it to clarify the issue?

BTW, according to our policy, I strongly recommend to use ZK 3.6.x instead of ZK 3.5.x

/Jumper

answered 2009-04-24 11:52:32 +0800

797 9

Yes, unfortunately, I can't reproduce it either - I'm relying on user feedback.

I'm testing 3.6.x now but I'm still looking for an explanation of the difference between the main release and Freshly. Should I be concerned about using Freshly in a production environment?

/Daryl

answered 2009-04-24 11:54:46 +0800

797 9

Interestingly as I posted the previous comment, it hung on "Processing..." for quite some time. Maybe 40-50 seconds the Processing box showed for 5 seconds or so, disappeared and quickly reappeared. Finally the post was successful. Hmmm...

/Daryl

answered 2009-04-27 02:25:26 +0800

3909 2 8

Hi,

The ZK 3.6.1 will be released this week.
As you mentioned the hanging on "Processing", it could be a resending the HTTP-Request mechanism in our Enterprise version. Sometimes, the request in IE6 cannot successfully be sent to server.

/Jumper

answered 2014-01-02 06:33:06 +0800

abb222222 gravatar image abb222222

infinite "Processing..." occurs in my app. I have a page with more than 10 Combobox. I reproduce by quickly selecting different option in different combobox.

I captured the request traffic by IE 9 development tool F12. The request shows as Pending. After 10 mins, the request shows Aborted.

zk5.0.7 and IE 9.0

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-04-21 19:27:48 +0800

Seen: 329 times

Last updated: Jan 02 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting