Don't generate Schema/tables

asked 2009-03-23 20:45:30 +0800

plagonell gravatar image plagonell

Hi, i use the new Form Generator (zk studio 0.9.3), but in the step 2/7, it don't show nothing, (schemas/tables) i use oracle 10, the connection is well done in Eclipse Data Source.

i apologize for my english

Congratulation for ZK, it's a great software

delete flag offensive retag edit

10 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2009-03-24 02:29:06 +0800

iantsai gravatar image iantsai
2755 1

Sorry, It's a knowing bug come from Eclipse DTP, we depend on it to implement our Form Generator.

We,ll try to bypassing it if possible.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2009-03-24 11:41:46 +0800

dennis gravatar image dennis
3679 1 6
http://www.javaworld.com....

DTP is DataToolProject in eclipse to manager/explore Database,
for now, studio depends on it to get table schema info..
we will try to fix it in feature version.
thanks.

answered 2009-03-25 11:23:53 +0800

xenoky gravatar image xenoky

i have the same problem, with oracle and i have tried also derby db.
The only way to try zeta form is to install mysql? (i see it is the db used in the tutorial...)

answered 2009-03-27 07:20:53 +0800

2755 1

Currently, yes, It's not stable enough and we still collecting communities opinion to improve it, maybe you can give us some ideas!
^_^

answered 2009-03-28 00:42:09 +0800

xenoky gravatar image xenoky

i will try mysql then!

I think the feature is great, for me nice improvement could be:
- optional filter on column values, for example lookup with distinct value or text search
- master-details table with grid component (grouping)
- write in the zeta form step by step guide that currently only mysql works (even if it is DTP knowed bug otherwise users may think that zeta form builder is very unstable)

answered 2009-03-29 23:29:06 +0800

dscovill gravatar image dscovill
12 1

- It needs to work with Oracle.
- Need fields to filter by schema name and table name.
- Work in MyEclipse

- Have a DAO Interface that a DAO could implement that your generator could use along with a POJO, this would allow someone to even use a EJB session bean that then calls a DAO if you want that extra level of abstraction
- Using Hibernate instead of JPA.

answered 2009-03-30 06:31:47 +0800

dennis gravatar image dennis
3679 1 6
http://www.javaworld.com....

Dscovill, please post to feature request here:http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=225644&atid=1065693, It will make track your issue easily.

answered 2009-03-30 23:00:46 +0800

robertpic71 gravatar image robertpic71
1275 1

No luck with DB2 for System i - i see no tables. With DataToolProject i can see all tables.

However, i have successful created a ZETA-Form for a Postgres-Databasefile.

/Robert

answered 2009-03-31 01:14:20 +0800

2755 1

Thanks for your testing, Robert.
Seems like Dennis and I should think about this.

Anyway, do you have any comments of Zeta?

answered 2009-03-31 03:09:28 +0800

robertpic71 gravatar image robertpic71
1275 1

>> Anyway, do you have any comments of Zeta?
First, great work, Zeta goes the right way. Of course this is only the first step.

Some impressions:
1.)
My tested table contains 60% linked fields.
i.e. userid, accountid, statusid......
So the produced form is not what i like to see, because i want see status "Open" and not statusid "0".

1b) When you do the next step (storing the relation) it would be nice to ask for the promptype for 1:n relations and offer some
extended editor's i.e. listbox (<10 entries), combobox (11-? entries).

2.) I think most people have created their domainbeans - so an import/setup from existing bean would be nice.

2b.) And whats about appliactions building from scratch? In my last project, hibernate/Jpa creates my database from the beans.

3.) domainbean: Hibernate docs say: it is not good idea to use the (generated database) id as object-ident. Because an unsaved
bean has id null, and become another value after persist. So the object is not same after persist. Hibernate docs say: use a business key. Checkout out this link. This is a nice generic way to setup equals and hashcodes.
You could set the default @BusinessKey to the id and the user could simple change the businesskey by annotate his getters.

4.) I see the @Scope("idspace") - could i use Scope "idspace" for ZK 3.6 and Spring? (include org.zkoss.spring.jpa for spring-scan)
Scope idspace (or maybe later page/deskop) would be a nice way to share data.

5.) Using the "Declarative Transaction" you can run into the lazyloading problem (of course, it seems OSIV does not solve this problem). I like the Seam-way to spawn a transaction over more than one method/user-actions, also called "Session per Conversation". I've read about 800 pages (Hibernate/JPA/Spring) last weeks, but i have to "work up" this input. But it seems that @PersistenceContext(type = PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED) keep the session open - no lazyload, keep the 1stLevelcahe.... However, i think we could expect some nominations from the helpforum - i do some testing also.

6.) And of course, using own templates would also nice...

7.) And ... in X releases ;-) VE knows the Metadata from ZETA.files for prompting, insert new fields and check names.

Keep on your good working.
I think 1+2 (without 1b,2b) and supporting more databases would be the most important points. Meanwhile it is good work and the right way, but unfinished.

/Robert

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2009-03-23 20:45:30 +0800

Seen: 862 times

Last updated: Mar 31 '09

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting