ZK-3.5: back compatibility disaster

asked 2008-09-14 13:11:47 +0800

ggrimoldi gravatar image ggrimoldi
74 1

I observed hopefully ZK-3.5 growth.
I like a lot all new components and features and look and feel.
I tried on my app... but I was shocked...
Nothing works...
I have great incompatibility problems.
I realized a "webOS" application where I have a taskbar and window that opens on a desktop.
My taskbar was realized as window without borders and title.
With ZK-3.5 I have new look and feel borders and I was no able to drop them.
In ZK-3.5-FL of 9 Aug. there was a "mold="v30"" that solved my problem, but in official one there is no more.
In my app I have situations where a window opens and in its "onCreate" execute a postEvent where opens another window.
The last one opens on first one.
In ZK-3.5 this no more works... the second window don't shows.
I have lot of situations where I have A window (overlapped) with buttons to exec "win = createComponent(B window,...); win.setParent(A window)
In ZK-3.5 the new open window is displayed only partially, without title and so on...
It seems that a window B child of window A could open inside the dimensions of A. That is if A is 200px high and
B is 400px high, B is cropped inside A.
Before ZK-3.5 I could have B child of A and A and B tiled horizontally or vertically, side by side, not one in the content
of the other...
I defined "transparent buttons" with a css style, and now this don't work...
So.. for me it's a real disaster...
I could never migrate to ZK-3.5 in this situation... I could not rewrite and test all things...
I think that new features and appealing look and feel are always welcome, but backward compatibility is a must...

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-09-17 10:08:44 +0800

davidchen gravatar image davidchen

updated 2008-09-22 03:37:22 +0800

Hi ggrimoldi:

It's ZK3.5 Release Note
http://www.zkoss.org/release/rn-3.5.0.dsp

There are a lot of change in ZK3.5. include new component, spec modify and bug fixed.
It is hard to point out what problem you are facing now.

It would be better that you reduce the problem domain and descript each question more clearly.
So we can figure out it is a bug or not, and give you some helpful suggestion.

/david

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-09-14 13:11:47 +0800

Seen: 196 times

Last updated: Sep 17 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting