Chart Types

asked 2008-07-06 12:25:42 +0800

ForumGuest gravatar image ForumGuest
150 1

Are there any descriptions about the usage and difference of the different charting types (bar, ring, bubble, gantt etc.) ?

Using the chart.zul tutorial, I can see all chart types on one view, but I missed the documentation of the types in the docs.

Greetings
Bernd

delete flag offensive retag edit

4 Replies

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2008-07-08 11:17:51 +0800

dennis gravatar image dennis
3679 1 6
http://www.javaworld.com....

Default Chart Engine is JFreeChart, maybe you could refer concept/documents of JFreeChart to build up a chart model.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2008-07-08 13:36:57 +0800

150 1

Hello Dennis,

just went to the Freechart homepage and started the demo collection. There are many more diagrams in this demo than in the ZK demo.
Does ZK Chart component offer all features of JFreeChart or only a partial feature set ?

What I was looking for is an explanation of the available ZUL elements and ZUL attribute tags, which can be used when including the FreeChart component in my ZK pages.

greetings
Bernd

answered 2008-07-08 15:32:05 +0800

robertpic71 gravatar image robertpic71
1275 1

Hello Bernd,

has you checked the chart.zul source from SVN already?

Source from chart.zul
SVN Chart.zul

It should possible to use any JFreeChart, check the API:
javadoc/3.0.5/zkex/org/zkoss/zkex/zul/impl/JFreeChartEngine.html

There you can see all implemented charts and prepareJFreeChart to use own JFreeCharts.

/Robert

answered 2008-07-08 18:12:46 +0800

150 1

Hello Robert,

yes, I have already researched these examples in the 3.50 preview freshly build.
Looking at the FreeChart homepage, I have seen more chart types, which I couldn't see in the Chart.zul example.

Thanks for supporting me on this issue.

Greetings
Bernd

Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2008-07-06 12:25:42 +0800

Seen: 244 times

Last updated: Jul 08 '08

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting