Creating a Custom Component (Accordion)

asked 2023-06-26 22:23:26 +0800

DennisLWL gravatar image DennisLWL

Hi,

I am currenty trying to create a Custom Component, that is pretty similar to the Tabbox (with mold accordeon). I want to add various things to it, like another header or usage (multiple tabs should be open at once or another keyboard usage).

Also i want to add, that if any input in a tab has a validation error, that the tab (or the accordionHeader) knows about it and that i can display it (for example, a tab is closed, but contains a validation error, that the user knows, where to find it).

My first question to this topic is, is there a documentation about how to create my own components or overriding an existing component? I am able to extend a "div" or a "groupbox", but if i try to extend an "inpultElement", i get the following error, cause my "lang-addon-components" dosnt work anymore.

"Component definition not found: accordionHeader in [LanguageDefinition: xul/html]"

My second question would be, how to get my validator into my custom Component. That when a validation occurs or my validationMessages changes, that i can update the accordion and display the error.

Thanks in advance.

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2023-06-26 22:23:26 +0800

Seen: 4 times

Last updated: Jun 26 '23

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting