Stop propagation to parent component

asked 2021-08-20 19:13:38 +0800

aUser gravatar image aUser
127 4

Hello,

Here I have created a simple fiddle where there is a Bandbox and a Groupbox.

From this thread, @hawk said that "event.stopPropagation" doesn't stop an event to be fired to the parent component, rather to the chain of events that this component (the Combobox) should handle.

From the fiddle however, you can see that when you click on the down arrow to select an item on the combobox, the caption of the Groupbox doesn't close, but if you remove the onClick="event.stopPropagation()" of the Combobox, the caption does close/open each time you press the down arrow. Why does this work?

I'm interested however in not closing the Bandbox's popup when i select an item from the Combobox, but I don't know how to stop the event of the combobox selection to be fired to the Bandbox. If i click on the down arrow here, nothing happens (whereas in the Groupbox the caption opens/closes each time) but the Bandbox's popup does close each time i select an item.

Thank you.

delete flag offensive retag edit
Be the first one to answer this question!
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2021-08-20 19:13:38 +0800

Seen: 2 times

Last updated: Aug 20

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting