Column chart with > 50 series goes into boost mode.

asked 2021-06-11 21:39:42 +0800

sectradave gravatar image sectradave
3 1

I am using a column chart and when I have it showing less than 50 series on a stacked bar it creates; highcharts-series-group highcharts-column-series highcharts-series-0 highcharts-column-series

when I have more than 50 series it uses; highcharts-series-group highcharts-boost-canvas

and the boost canvas does not display as we would want.

Is there anyway of accessing the highcharts properties for either, Highcharts.chart.boost.enabled Highcharts.chart.boost.seriesThreshold so that I can disable the boost mode or set the threshold to higher than the number of series that I will have?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2021-06-15 15:35:21 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

updated 2021-06-15 15:40:18 +0800

The ZKCharts Java API provides the most common/requested properties, to avoid duplicating the complete API. In case a specific property is not supported (yet) you can add arbitrary attributes (as JSONObjects) via addExtraAttr(String key, JSONAware value) Most charts API classes support this method by implementing the Optionable interface.

JSONObject boost = new JSONObject();
    boost.put("enabled", false);
    // if needed you can also change the threshold
    // boost.put("seriesThreshold", 100);
    Options options = new Options();
    options.addExtraAttr("boost", boost);
    chart.setOptions(options);
    // in case you already have an options object -> no need to create a new one
    // chart.getOptions().addExtraAttr("boost", boost);

For details please read the related documention.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

Thanks, that worked a treat. :-)

sectradave ( 2021-06-15 16:27:18 +0800 )edit

that's great to hear! If possible please accept the helpful answer so that others (searching for a similar topic) can see the question was solved.

cor3000 ( 2021-06-16 06:27:35 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2021-06-11 21:39:42 +0800

Seen: 9 times

Last updated: Jun 15 '21

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training