ZK Bootstrap

asked 2021-06-08 18:30:28 +0800

aUser gravatar image aUser
137 1 4

Hello,

I need to use Bootstrap 4 in my ZK8+ projects. I found these articles:

1. first
  2. second

The first one says that the Bootstrap version is 3 what is downloadble from maven as:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.zkoss.addons</groupId>
  <artifactId>zk-bootstrap</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0</version>
</dependency>

and was update on 2020/9/30.

The second link is the GitHub page of this project which uses Bootstrap 4 but the dependecy used is this:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.webjars</groupId>
    <artifactId>bootstrap</artifactId>
    <version>4.3.1</version>
</dependency>

Example was showed on August, 2019. There is no zk-bootstrap bootstrap here.

If i want to use Bootstrap 4 in a ZK (8+) version, my only option is to use the second dependency showed here?

Will zk-bootstrap dependency use Bootstrap 4 anytime soon?

Thank you

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2021-06-09 11:30:55 +0800

hawk gravatar image hawk
3250 1 5
http://hawkphoenix.blogsp... ZK Team

updated 2021-06-11 10:50:46 +0800

zk-bootstrap

This is an example to integrate bootstrap style into zk. But we just do it on those common components that both frameworks have e.g. button, menupopup, panel. Since zk has many components that bootstrap doesn't have. If you use this addon, you will have 2 different appearances on your pages. We don't plan to maintain this addon.

ZK admin-template

This is an example that shows how to achieve responsive design with bootstrap. Please read its readme. it doesn't use bootstrap style.

These 2 examples have different purpose, the 1st one show the style integration, but the 2nd one shows bootstrap grid system integration.

It depends on your requirements.

• If you want bootstrap-like theme, you can just use new zk default theme iceblue which is also a flat design.
  • If you just want to use bootstrap utility CSS class, then just include its css and specify it on any component's sclass attribute
  • If you want to apply bootstrap style on zk components, you can reference zk-bootstrap's approach and write your own one.

So what's your requirements?

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2021-06-08 18:30:28 +0800

Seen: 11 times

Last updated: Jun 11 '21

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting