Modal windowd and Default Executor-thread

asked 2021-01-28 22:27:34 +0800

dgrenier gravatar image dgrenier

Hello,

when I load a model window, all tasks are executing in the same Default Executor-thread :

2021-01-28 15:04:42,943 [Default Executor-thread-11] INFO CoreService:318 - Init ... 2021-01-28 15:04:42,944 [Default Executor-thread-11] INFO SystemService:318 - Connected to database:

Here Default Executor-thread-11

But, when I click the save button, the Default Executor-thread change : 2021-01-28 15:05:41,922 [Default Executor-thread-10] INFO SystemService:318 - Create or Update id: 5

I lock the record when I read it from the database, and for save I must do the save action in the same thread than my read.

It is possible to make this actions in the same thread ? Regards, Damien

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2021-01-29 13:01:10 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

No, you don't have control over which thread is processing a specific servlet request. The modal window creation and the click on the save button are handled in separate servlet requests. The container (e.g. tomcat) will decide which thread will handle the user request from a common thread pool. If the user takes a long time before clicking save the thread might even be used to process requests from other users.

So from that perspective you shouldn't even consider storing information inside a thread that you didn't create yourself.

I am sure your requirement has more suitable solution than depending on the same thread. I might help with an alternative if you can share the details on what information you need to preserve between requests.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2021-02-10 21:52:57 +0800

dgrenier gravatar image dgrenier

More details: from a list, I load a record for editing, when I retrieve the record from the database, I lock it. I use DB2 on IBM i, when I lock the record, I have a job (QZDASOINIT) which lock the record. When I click on the save button, a new job on the IBM i is use for save action, and it's failed because the record is locked. It's failed because the save action is not executed by the same thread that init action. I think that I must save the DB session and reuse-it in the save action.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

OK if it's a hard requirement then you have to create your own thread (don't rely on servlet threads) holding the lock and performing the update. Still I'd first check whether there's an alternative. If not make sure there's a reasonable timeout, in case the client never get's back to unlock.

cor3000 ( 2021-02-12 12:46:56 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2021-01-28 22:27:34 +0800

Seen: 14 times

Last updated: Feb 10 '21

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training