ZK on Undertow.IO inside docker container for AWS Fargate

asked 2020-08-14 23:03:18 +0800

jweder gravatar image jweder

Is it possible to run ZK on undertow.io (core, not Wildfly) inside a docker container to be deployed on AWS Fargate? The idea is to have a UI "microservice" with undertow.io being embedded in the application as a single executable jar serving as the docker entrypoint.

A hello world example would be great as I could not find any using Google searches.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-08-17 09:51:07 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
5399 2 7
ZK Team

I don't know much about the "docker+AWS-Fargate"-part. But I know ZK also runs on an embedded undertow. While not necessary (in theory) especially springboot makes this kind of deployment easy. The zkspringboot-starter (to get started) and the zkspringboot-autoconfig module provide the necessary configuration in order to package/run a zk application as a jar (optionally with an embedded tomcat/jetty or undertow).

Here the a demo with the necessary configuration commented out: zkspringboot-demo-jar/pom.xml#L53-L57

And also the exclusion of the default embedded tomcat: zkspringboot-demo-jar/pom.xml#L41-L46

After running mvn clean package you'll have a runnable zk application jar with an embedded undertow engine.

As said, I can't speak for the deployment target environment. From what I understand all it needs is a Java Runtime Environment: in order to execute java -jar [your-zk-undertow-application].jar

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2020-08-14 23:03:18 +0800

Seen: 6 times

Last updated: Aug 17

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training