asked 2019-11-19 02:04:18 +0800

zkulm gravatar image zkulm
100 1

updated 2019-11-19 10:04:47 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
4952 2 7
ZK Team

Hello together,

i am facing sometimes an issue while loading a ZUL page. Refreshing the page is solving the issue.

ZK version: 8.5.0

image description By looking to the web developer tools i can see a TypeError.

This issue appears randomly on different browsers.

Thanks for your help!

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2019-11-19 10:41:43 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
4952 2 7
ZK Team

The first thing when debugging client side JS errors in ZK is to enable the <debug-js>-element - just to get better stack traces and non minified code. Making it easier for anyone (including you) to look at the problem.

2nd you could try running with a more recent ZK version just to see whether the problem has already been fixed (e.g. 8.6.3-Eval). Sometimes you are lucky and a fixed version already exists and the fix can be patched easily on your current version.

The actual code where this method is used indicates that this method might not be there (typeof this._calcHgh == 'function') however it doesn't indicate when.

https://github.com/zkoss/zk/blob/v8.5.0/zul/src/archive/web/js/zul/mesh/MeshWidget.js#L1217

A similar usage in a subclass of MeshWidget doesn't perform this check, so that I assume there's a specific condition leading to _calcHgh not being present.

https://github.com/zkoss/zk/blob/v8.5.0/zul/src/archive/web/js/zul/sel/SelectWidget.js#L341

Without a reproducing example it's hard to guess, so I'd suggest trying the latest version first before digging too deep.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2019-11-19 02:04:18 +0800

Seen: 11 times

Last updated: Nov 19

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training