Zkfiddle Chart

asked 2019-10-09 03:25:59 +0800

gualberto gravatar image gualberto
3 1

Hi guys,

I'm trying to learn zkoss using the zkfiddle.org, but I can't use the zkcharts. Is it possible test charting in the fiddle?

Thanks!

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-10-09 12:05:51 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
6280 2 7

right now, the zkcharts.jar is not deployed to zkfiddle.org

so trying to add a charts component ...

<zk>
    <charts title="my chart"/>
</zk>

... will result in this error message:

org.zkoss.zk.ui.metainfo.DefinitionNotFoundException: file:/tmp/reso...689tmp/1fcgq49/0/index.zul:2:11: Component definition not found: charts in [LanguageDefinition: xul/html]

Since you are 'learning' ZK, there's one positive aspect: You just learned what kind of error message you get when trying to use a component which is unavailable in the project dependencies (i.e. the zkcharts.jar is missing). You get the same error for an incorrectly typed component name e.g. <tabox> instead of the correct <tabbox> (so it doesn't always mean a jar is missing, might just be a typo).

Since the code auto completion (in zkfiddle) suggests the <charts>-component to be available, I posted a Bug to consider fixing this by adding the zkcharts.jar dependency to zkfiddle ->ZKFIDDLE-2

For your further testing I suggest running a zk project locally (which you'll do eventually anyway). Add the zkcharts dependency manually and use it locally:

https://www.zkoss.org/wiki/ZKChartsEssentials/GettingStartedwithZKCharts

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2019-10-11 07:10:37 +0800

gualberto gravatar image gualberto
3 1

Thank you. Your answer was clear and detailed.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2019-10-09 03:25:59 +0800

Seen: 17 times

Last updated: Oct 11 '19

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training