Hibernate and proxied objects

asked 2019-10-03 17:21:29 +0800

pavelEW gravatar image pavelEW
53 2

Hello! I've got a problem and maybe there is a solution for it. Let's say I have an entity called Order, and it has a One-To-One association with entity Customer. I have an OrderCRUDVM class, where I have the following

private Order selectedOrder;
private Order selectedOrderProxy;

and then

selectedOrder = order;
selectedOrderProxy = ProxyHelper.createFormProxy(selectedOrder, Order.class);

and the following thing on my zul:

<div form="@id('fx') @init(vm.selectedOrderProxy) @load(vm.selectedOrder) @save(vm.selectedOrder, before={'onSave', 'onSaveClose'})">

after that I have a @Command which sets a Customer to selectedOrderProxy and runs a hql query, which checks for other orders for same customer. When I try to pass a proxied customer to a hibernate query I get the following error:

org.hibernate.TransientObjectException: object references an unsaved transient instance - save the transient instance before flushing: Customer

Any ideas on how it should be done?

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-10-04 15:11:03 +0800

cor3000 gravatar image cor3000
4791 2 7
ZK Team

First I would check if this problem is related to ZK. Did you try this without the form proxy object? Does it behave differently?

This was the first search result I found for your error message (maybe it's related):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2302802/object-references-an-unsaved-transient-instance-save-the-transient-instance-be

If you need the original object (the non proxied version) you can get it by calling

ProxyHelper.getOriginObject(proxiedCustomer);

Also, if you don't need to edit the fields of the Customer object in your form, you can mark the getCustomer() method as @Transient. This will prevent a proxy to be generated around the Customer object, when added to the Order-proxy.

If this doesn't help or the case is more complex please contact ZK directly for support.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

Hi cor3000, that is exactly ZK's problem. If i do something like this: customer = customerService.getCustomer(selectedOrderProxy().getCustomer().getUid()); it works. I'll try your suggestions in a few minutes and let you know if it works :)

pavelEW ( 2019-10-04 15:45:14 +0800 )edit

So, I tried to get the original object. It worked, but not for all objects in Order. Some of them are still proxied. Using @Transient won't work for me because I have maven multimodule project, all the entities are in backend, ZK is in front and I don't want to include ZK into backend projects.

pavelEW ( 2019-10-04 16:52:41 +0800 )edit

if the standard functions aren't sufficient we'll have to set up a dedicated test scenario, I guess that somewhat extends the scope of this forum, unless you can share a simple runnable project (maven/gradle) so I can instantly run/test if there are alternative ways to avoid the problem

cor3000 ( 2019-10-04 18:09:27 +0800 )edit

I'll try to create a simple project to reproduce this problem, but it will take some time. I'll try to reach you on a next week if it fits to you.

pavelEW ( 2019-10-04 19:02:04 +0800 )edit

I'll try to help assist if time allows.

cor3000 ( 2019-10-07 12:35:19 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2019-10-03 17:21:29 +0800

Seen: 11 times

Last updated: Oct 04

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training