Internet Explorer 11 does not fire change event with "X" in textbox

asked 2016-09-22 10:14:24 +0800

Manz gravatar image Manz

Hi people,

my internet explorer version is 11.0.9600.18449. When opening the ZK sandbox:

https://www.zkoss.org/zksandbox/#e8

and typing some example text (maybe "test") into the first textbox, the instant copy directly appaers. But when I leftclick that right aligned "X" of the textbox, my "test" disappears but not the instant copy. It seems that the change event will not fired.

Best regards Marco

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

the onChange event is actually fired (lose the focus of textbox) BUT the onChanging event is never triggered.

chillworld ( 2016-09-22 12:13:00 +0800 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-10-26 07:33:23 +0800

Manz gravatar image Manz

Hello,

sorry for that very long delay. It's been a while and a lot of project work to do. So, in my case that behaviour is a little irritating. I created a login form with textboxes for login and password. Also there is a button to proceed. The button should only be enabled when login and password textboxes are not empty. So, when clicking on that 'X' in IE, the login textbox clears but the button is still clickable.

Are there any workarounds? Otherwise I simply go on, with a textbox having an empty login string.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

can you create a fiddle with your issue? I'll adapt it then.

chillworld ( 2016-10-26 09:10:45 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2016-09-22 10:14:24 +0800

Seen: 39 times

Last updated: Oct 26 '16

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training