Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

answered 2020-12-16 09:29:08 +0800

54patman gravatar image 54patman

Thanks for the tips. The version is 9.5 CE. I have investigated the and it's not serve side. My laptop has a lot of ram and CPU. I made this zkfiddler to illustrate:

https://zkfiddle.org/sample/2qnpsco/3-resize-issue-and-redraw-during-window-resize

Wait for the Borderlayouts and content to render on screen. Now restore (un-maximize) your browser window and start to resize it. Resize the window in a jerking motion, 3-4 and release the mouse. Notice the Borderlayout performs multiple recalculations (2-3) of the children before occupying the correct space. You can also collapse the East and North panels but the effect is not as pronounced.

From Chrome dev tools my code/application, and the fiddler, the time spent is in Scripting and Rendering, and that's it. In network and other tabs it's not the server or other factors. This is why it's important to wait until the page is fully rendered before testing.

Yes the content is a large DOM. But, I tested the fiddler with 9.0.0.1 and it's much better and more fluid. But I didn't performance test.

What I'm hoping for is to delay the recalculation until the mouse release event, if possible.

Thanks again for the support.

Thanks for the tips. The version is 9.5 CE. I have investigated the and it's not serve side. My laptop has a lot of ram and CPU. I made this zkfiddler zkfiddle to illustrate:

https://zkfiddle.org/sample/2qnpsco/3-resize-issue-and-redraw-during-window-resize

Wait for the Borderlayouts and content to render on screen. Now restore (un-maximize) your browser window and start to resize it. Resize the window in a jerking motion, 3-4 and release the mouse. Notice the Borderlayout performs multiple recalculations (2-3) of the children before occupying the correct space. You can also collapse the East and North panels but the effect is not as pronounced.

From Chrome dev tools my code/application, and the fiddler, the time spent is in Scripting and Rendering, and that's it. In network and other tabs it's not the server or other factors. This is why it's important to wait until the page is fully rendered before testing.

Yes the content is a large DOM. But, I tested the fiddler with 9.0.0.1 and it's much better and more fluid. But I didn't performance test.

What I'm hoping for is to delay the recalculation until the mouse release event, if possible.

Thanks again for the support.

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More