Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

asked 2014-04-26 19:27:39 +0800

tomr gravatar image tomr

ZK appilication with Mave, versions 6.5 and 7

I am trying to use ZK Studio with ZK 7 and create new Maven project with ZK Maven Archetype, but currently there are only version 6.0 or version 6.5 archetypes available (version 7.0 ir available for zk-archetype-theme and I am not using it because it seems to be no real world project ready).

The question is - can these archetypes be used for ZK 7.0 application. Or, at least, maybe there is good practice how to adapte those archetypes for ZK 7.0 application?

I have tried to use existing 6.x archetypes and strange thins are happening: 1) Eclipse (upon startup) askes whether to upgrade projects to the new Maven version. Is I agree, then update is started but it hangs entire Eclipse. Aparently something is downloaded very slow; 2) Eclipse in some places requires m2e connectors, but automatic discovery and download also fails. May catalog URL has default value: download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/discovery/directory-1.4.xml (Eclipse Preferences - Maven - Discovery), maybe it should be changed?

3) And then there are Maven exceptions (that invalidates pom.xml file when the project has enabled Maven nature):

ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer org.zkoss.zk:zkbind:jar:6.5.2 from mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ZK CE has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.zkoss.zk:zkbind:jar:6.5.2 from/to ZK CE (mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2):

No response received after 60000

Missing artifact javassist:javassist:jar:3.12.1.GA

All of this I am trying to do inside the Spring Tool Suite 3.4.0 (based on Eclipse 4.3.1). OK, maybe there are some inconsistenceis and more than not ZK is not responsible for all the errors, but I just want to start ZK demo projects or create new ones but there error prohibits me to do so.

p.s. protocol name http: is removed from the links above in this post, so, the problem is not about them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Tom

ZK appilication application with Mave, Maven, versions 6.5 and 7

I am trying to use ZK Studio with ZK 7 and create new Maven project with ZK Maven Archetype, but currently there are only version 6.0 or version 6.5 archetypes available (version 7.0 ir available for zk-archetype-theme and I am not using it because it seems to be no real world project ready).

The question is - can these archetypes be used for ZK 7.0 application. Or, at least, maybe there is good practice how to adapte those archetypes for ZK 7.0 application?

I have tried to use existing 6.x archetypes and strange thins are happening: 1) Eclipse (upon startup) askes whether to upgrade projects to the new Maven version. Is I agree, then update is started but it hangs entire Eclipse. Aparently something is downloaded very slow; 2) Eclipse in some places requires m2e connectors, but automatic discovery and download also fails. May catalog URL has default value: download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/discovery/directory-1.4.xml (Eclipse Preferences - Maven - Discovery), maybe it should be changed?

3) And then there are Maven exceptions (that invalidates pom.xml file when the project has enabled Maven nature):

ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer org.zkoss.zk:zkbind:jar:6.5.2 from mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of ZK CE has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact org.zkoss.zk:zkbind:jar:6.5.2 from/to ZK CE (mavensync.zkoss.org/maven2):

No response received after 60000

Missing artifact javassist:javassist:jar:3.12.1.GA

All of this I am trying to do inside the Spring Tool Suite 3.4.0 (based on Eclipse 4.3.1). OK, maybe there are some inconsistenceis and more than not ZK is not responsible for all the errors, but I just want to start ZK demo projects or create new ones but there error prohibits me to do so.

p.s. protocol name http: is removed from the links above in this post, so, the problem is not about them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! Tom

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More