Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

asked 2014-04-04 16:30:24 +0800

Macadoshis gravatar image Macadoshis flag of France

http://about.me/saad.benb...

How to stop combining commands in an ajax call ?

Hello,

I've been browsing through google and zk forum for 2 hours but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I can remember having read few months ago that there is an option (perhaps a library-property) to disable accumulation of commands within a same request.

For example, when the user does multiple interaction in a very short period of time, all actions are sent within a same single ajax call, with all commands : cmd0, cmd1, cmd_2, ... Very likely to increase performances (?).

Is there a way to stop this improvement and make all zk ajax calls unique and sequential ? For example :

Req 1 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onDataLoading", cmd1="onScrollPos", cmd_2="onScrollPos"

... to become :

Req 1 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onDataLoading" Req 2 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onScrollPos" Req 3 : HTTP POST -> cmd_0="onScrollPos"

The point is, that I suspect this feature to be the answer to our Internet Explorer issue. When the user scrolls down a rod-enabled listbox very fast, I think zk's JS code running on IE "lose its pointers" and a JS error popup is raised and scrolling fails to fetch data.

The issue doesn't occur under latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

zkerror

Thanks.

PS : I wanted like to add some relevant tags for this thread but I need 1500 points ("ajax, http, command, request, client). All proposed tags are completely irrelevant and poor.

How to stop combining commands in an ajax call ?

Hello,

I've been browsing through google and zk forum for 2 hours but I can't find what I'm looking for.

I can remember having read few months ago that there is an option (perhaps a library-property) to disable accumulation of commands within a same request.

For example, when the user does multiple interaction in a very short period of time, all actions are sent within a same single ajax call, with all commands : cmd0, cmd1, cmd_2, ... Very likely to increase performances (?).

Is there a way to stop this improvement and make all zk ajax calls unique and sequential ? For example :

Req 1 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onDataLoading", cmd1="onScrollPos", cmd_2="onScrollPos"

... to become :

Req 1 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onDataLoading" Req 2 : HTTP POST -> cmd0="onScrollPos" Req 3 : HTTP POST -> cmd_0="onScrollPos"

The point is, that I suspect this feature to be the answer to our Internet Explorer issue. When the user scrolls down a rod-enabled listbox very fast, I think zk's JS code running on IE "lose its pointers" and a JS error popup is raised and scrolling fails to fetch data.

The issue doesn't occur under latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

zkerror

Thanks.

PS : I wanted like to add some relevant tags for this thread but I need 1500 points ("ajax, http, command, request, client). All proposed tags are completely irrelevant and poor.

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More