Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

asked 2013-02-06 15:51:30 +0800

Neus gravatar image Neus

GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi, Today I had a new memory exception. I don't know what's the reason of the memory leak but here is the first stacktrace that I managed to recover from the Tomcat logs:

SEVERE: >>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.<init>(AbstractStringBuilder.java:64) at java.lang.StringBuilder.<init>(StringBuilder.java:85) at java.lang.Class.toString(Class.java:148) at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2854) at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:232) at org.zkoss.util.ArraysX.toString(ArraysX.java:41) at org.zkoss.lang.Objects.toString(Objects.java:366) at org.zkoss.lang.Classes.newNoSuchMethodException(Classes.java:746) at org.zkoss.lang.Classes.getCloseMethod(Classes.java:803) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.injectByName(ConventionWire.java:268) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.wireImplicit(ConventionWire.java:141) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.myWireVariables(ConventionWire.java:119) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.wireVariables(ConventionWire.java:116) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWires.wireVariables(ConventionWires.java:150) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.GenericAutowireComposer$BeforeCreateWireListener.onEvent(GenericAutowireComposer.java:312) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.GenericAutowireComposer$BeforeCreateWireListener.onEvent(GenericAutowireComposer.java:309) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.onEvent(AbstractComponent.java:2734) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2683) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2646) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process(EventProcessor.java:136) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.process0(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:534) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.run(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:461)

After this the application got freeze and a lot of this type of exception were thrown.

Also comment that when I stops Tomcat to restore the application in the Tomcat Console appears a lot of System.out.println that we print in the DesktopCelanup listener.

And this line usually appears too: feb 06, 2013 4:27:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads SEVERE: La aplicaciĆ³n web [/StsWeb] parece haber arrancado un hilo llamado [AWT-Windows] pero no ha podido pararlo. Esto tiene todas las papeletas de convertirse en un fallo de memoria.

I don't know if it is related to the exception but we have a lot of memory problems and seeing this makes me think that maybe it is part of the cause.

Any idea of the reason of this new memory leak?

Thank you

click to hide/show revision 2
change title for better explanation

Out of memory: GC overhead limit exceeded

Hi, Today I had a new memory exception. I don't know what's the reason of the memory leak but here is the first stacktrace that I managed to recover from the Tomcat logs:

SEVERE: >>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.<init>(AbstractStringBuilder.java:64) at java.lang.StringBuilder.<init>(StringBuilder.java:85) at java.lang.Class.toString(Class.java:148) at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2854) at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:232) at org.zkoss.util.ArraysX.toString(ArraysX.java:41) at org.zkoss.lang.Objects.toString(Objects.java:366) at org.zkoss.lang.Classes.newNoSuchMethodException(Classes.java:746) at org.zkoss.lang.Classes.getCloseMethod(Classes.java:803) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.injectByName(ConventionWire.java:268) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.wireImplicit(ConventionWire.java:141) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.myWireVariables(ConventionWire.java:119) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWire.wireVariables(ConventionWire.java:116) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.ConventionWires.wireVariables(ConventionWires.java:150) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.GenericAutowireComposer$BeforeCreateWireListener.onEvent(GenericAutowireComposer.java:312) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.util.GenericAutowireComposer$BeforeCreateWireListener.onEvent(GenericAutowireComposer.java:309) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.onEvent(AbstractComponent.java:2734) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2683) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.AbstractComponent.service(AbstractComponent.java:2646) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessor.process(EventProcessor.java:136) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.process0(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:534) at org.zkoss.zk.ui.impl.EventProcessingThreadImpl.run(EventProcessingThreadImpl.java:461)

After this the application got freeze and a lot of this type of exception were thrown.

Also comment that when I stops Tomcat to restore the application in the Tomcat Console appears a lot of System.out.println that we print in the DesktopCelanup listener.

And this line usually appears too: feb 06, 2013 4:27:44 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads SEVERE: La aplicaciĆ³n web [/StsWeb] parece haber arrancado un hilo llamado [AWT-Windows] pero no ha podido pararlo. Esto tiene todas las papeletas de convertirse en un fallo de memoria.

I don't know if it is related to the exception but we have a lot of memory problems and seeing this makes me think that maybe it is part of the cause.

Any idea of the reason of this new memory leak?

Thank you

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training
  • Consulting
  • Outsourcing
Learn More