Dynamically Change Font

asked 2015-10-23 17:13:37 +0800

ansancle gravatar image ansancle
327 9

I want to be able to dynamically change the font or font size for my entire application, I can pre-define the following in a css file and it will work, but I want to let a user, via a drop down, adjust the font and size.

This css works when statically defined in a css file :

body *:not([class*="z-icon-"]) {
font-family: josefin_sanssemibold;
font-size: 12px;

}

Before zk 7, I could set the library property for fontSize and it would change. That is gone in the current versions of ZK, is there another way to do the same thing?

I have referred to this page to get where I am at : ZK Change Font and Family

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-10-26 11:25:23 +0800

ansancle gravatar image ansancle
327 9

updated 2015-10-26 11:25:41 +0800

Response From ZK :

there are many ways to change the fontSize using CSS.

e.g. you can output a CSS using sessionVariables: <style id="customStyle"> body :not([class="z-icon-"]) { font-family: josefin_sanssemibold; font-size: ${sessionScope.fontSize}; } </style>

And set the session attribute whenever you change the fontSize. Sessions.getCurrent().setAttribute("fontSize", "25px")

However this still requires reloading the page. To get immediate changes you can replace the content of the style element dynamically but calling:

String newSize = "25px"; customStyle.setContent("body :not([class=\"z-icon-\"]) {font-family: josefin_sanssemibold;font-size: " + newSize + ";}")

There are also JS only ways to do the same, in case you need to prevent the additional AJAX request, let me know if you need help on that.

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2015-10-23 17:13:37 +0800

Seen: 38 times

Last updated: Oct 26 '15

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training