Multiple drag and drop element without Interoperability

asked 2015-10-16 19:53:09 +0800

jpboudreau gravatar image jpboudreau
18 3

Hi all, I have a problem with my drag and drop. I'm not sure if it's an intended design or not but I didn't see anything about this on forums or javadoc. If you put, let's say, 2 listbox on a page. On both listbox you implement the drag and drop to reorder the list box. If you take the element from 1 listbox and hover it on the other listbox, you will have a green check mark to the left because the listbox is "droppable". But you don't want it to be there. Is there any way to check a onDrag or onOver event to check if it can actually be droppable by the good element?

Thanks

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-10-17 10:53:46 +0800

chillworld gravatar image chillworld flag of Belgium
5357 4 9
https://github.com/chillw...

There is so far I know no possibility to do a custom check to change the icon.
I searched also for it but didn't find it.

You can implement the check when you drop it, but I know this is not what you wanted.

You could make a feature request, if you do so, I'll give it a vote also because I once needed it also.

Greetz chill.

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2016-03-22 18:07:35 +0800

jpboudreau gravatar image jpboudreau
18 3

Actually, there is a way for this. Just put dragable and droppable to a different type. books.zkoss.org/wiki/ZKDeveloper'sReference/UIPatterns/DragandDrop#MultipleTypesofDraggable_Components

Ex :

<listbox droppable="car">
  <listitem draggable="car" />
</listbox>

<listbox droppable="animal">
   <listitem draggable="aminal" />
</listbox>
link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

Indeed, i did read your question bad. I mention about a custom check for ex dragging left to right and a cross if the element is already present or green if not present. Mine mistake sorry

chillworld ( 2016-03-22 21:42:31 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2015-10-16 19:53:09 +0800

Seen: 29 times

Last updated: Mar 22 '16

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training