Write/read pictures while app is running

asked 2015-05-29 09:19:38 +0800

fredp gravatar image fredp flag of France
1 1

updated 2015-06-01 15:37:49 +0800

Hi I don't have a lot of experience that's why I'm here to ask some help. I get a String from the server which contains HTML to display. It works well but I need to display pictures sometimes (like img src="./images/mypic.jpg"/>).

So I decided to load every picture I need to display from the server and to save them into a folder that can be opened when HTML is read. I don't know how to do it, I tried to save pictures with this path : Executions.getCurrent().getDesktop().getWebApp().getRealPath("/")

But question is still how can I find my pictures ?

Thank you

EDIT : SOLUTION

I found a solution : When I create my file, I use this method :

public void saveAsFile() {
    try {
        BufferedImage pic = ImageUtils.decodeToImage(this.getImage());
        String path = Executions.getCurrent().getDesktop().getWebApp().getRealPath("/ressources/");

File outputfile = new File(path.replaceAll("\\\\", "/") + "/pics/tmp/" + this.getNom_image());

ImageIO.write(pic, "jpg", outputfile);
    } catch (IOException e) {
        System.out.println(e.getMessage());
    }
}

Then my picture can be created in webapp resources folder. And when I read the content of my HTML, I replace src with this expression :

contentHTML = contentHTML.replaceAll("src=\"./images/","src=\"./ressources/pics/tmp/");

It works on local and when I access to my computer with my tablet on web browser.

Don't know if it is the best way of doing it, but it works for now.

Thank you

delete flag offensive retag edit

3 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-05-29 10:04:11 +0800

Darksu gravatar image Darksu
1991 1 4

Hello fredp,

If i may suggest a different approach, you could read the images from the database and display them directly as shown in the following tutorial, and post:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/gbowerman/entry/uploadinganddownloadingimagesto?lang=en

http://forum.zkoss.org/question/72119/displaying-image-from-database/

There is no need to do the extra step of copying the images to a directory.

Best Regards,

Darksu

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2015-06-01 14:06:18 +0800

fredp gravatar image fredp flag of France
1 1

Hi Darksu and thanks for replying. I think that can be a great solution but not to my problem. Maybe I did not understand well but : I can't set a Media like in the example. I don't know when I have to display a picture, it is in my HTML String content (I use regular expression to find img src="...").

So it has to stay in HTML. That's why I need to set an address. I tried with Executions.getCurrent().getDesktop().getWebApp().getRealPath("/ressources/"), even with local address it works great when I am running my app into Eclipse. But when I run it into web browser the picture is not displayed. After inspecting the element I found that message in chrome console : Not allowed to load local resource:

If found a topic where it says :

Probably you open index.html with file:// protocol, Chrome default security policy doesn't allow you to open local files except one that you have in window.location.

I suggest to use http://

Then I am trying to find how to have an http address of local files

Thank you

answered 2015-06-04 09:21:40 +0800

Darksu gravatar image Darksu
1991 1 4

Hello fredp,

Usually i create a directory where i store the log files for my application. So Why not create a directory that will be used from your application to load the images? It's simpler if you think about it.

For example you could create the following:

/opt/ApplicationName/images/

Best Regards,

Darksu

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2015-05-29 09:19:38 +0800

Seen: 20 times

Last updated: Jun 04 '15

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training