Bulk/Massive mailing in ZK. Any ideas how to?

asked 2014-12-23 13:03:33 +0800

dvdleite gravatar image dvdleite

Hello there. I'm looking for a way to develop an integrated Massive emailing feature on my ZK app. Do you have any ideas of how to start?

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

It would help if you could provide a step by step explanation of the process you are looking to deliver

davout ( 2014-12-24 16:41:26 +0800 )edit

3 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-12-24 17:17:52 +0800

cyiannoulis gravatar image cyiannoulis
1201 10

Apparently you have to use an API - like java mail api - to talk to your mail server and generate any number of mails you want. We have made something like this using IBM Lotus Domino mail server java API.

Now, regarding the ZK, the only thing i would suggest you is to use a Long Operation technique, if you like, to inform the user about the progress. Have a look here about long operations.

Hope that helps

Costas

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

+1, indeed, it's not zk who sends the mail. the whole logic also should be in teh server part in stead of the gui part. I should work with cron job, so the gui will not halt for the operation. (cron job is other thread so your methods and and gui don't hang)

chillworld ( 2014-12-25 11:14:00 +0800 )edit

answered 2014-12-26 10:27:07 +0800

davout gravatar image davout
1435 3 18

Generally any long running process should not be executed in the software tier servicing the User interface.

Create a web service that operates in its own context as a 'worker'. The ZK user interface would call the web service to pass off the duty of handling the mass emailing. Better still make the web service pass off the work to a message queue, that way it can return a result immediately to the UI layer. For this you'd need some other way of determining when the mass emailing is complete.

answered 2014-12-26 21:45:16 +0800

terrytornado gravatar image terrytornado flag of Germany
9393 3 7 16
http://www.oxitec.de/

updated 2014-12-29 12:06:05 +0800

I'm at time on a newsletter module for ZKBoost and my website. I run the bulk e-mail in a long running process and i will see what happen :-)
Take a look at the video capture for a short demonstration.

"Long running process with immediatelly information in the UI"

Visualize a long running process!

best Stephan

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-12-23 13:03:33 +0800

Seen: 24 times

Last updated: Dec 29 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training