ZK Slow performance on loading data. Help please!

asked 2014-10-30 08:56:38 +0800

Neus gravatar image Neus
1415 14

updated 2014-10-30 09:07:07 +0800

Hi, I have a page, with a grid with more or less 150 rows and 30 columns. This grid is in the center of a borderlayout. In the east I have a tabbox with two tabs. Each tab have another grid with the same number of rows as the one in the center (150 rows aprox) and 10 columns. So, the page have 3 grids.

I have a System.out.println with the time in the last line of my code. And I have another one in an echoEvent that seems to be called when the page is complelty loaded and drew. From the first to the last System in the EchoEvent it seems to take 7 seconds to draw the page! It is too much!

Don't say to me to paginate the grids because by user specifications I can't! And I think 150 rows is not that much... I can't use render on demand neither because I'm using ZK CE. So, this isn't an option. (And btw, I tried it with ZK EE evaluation version and it performs a good load at first but when it has to paint the rows that hasn't been painted at the beginning it is not instantaneous).

Following the instruction in this small talk I Client Side Profile the process with Chrome's developer tools. Buut, I can't see anything clear only that the process really takes too much seconds. In the profile there's no process I'm able to identify. I saved the Profile file to upload it here to see if anyone can help me interpreting the data, but I don't know how to upload it.

Can anyone help me??? It's been a lot of years using ZK and I have not been able to solve the Performing issue yet. I don't know if it's a ZK issue or I am doing something wrong. As I said I saved the Chrome's Profile so if anyone can tell me how can I upload it or show it here I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Here's a screenshot of the profile (I don't know if you would see anything but it is better than nothing): image description

delete flag offensive retag edit

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-10-30 11:42:23 +0800

terrytornado gravatar image terrytornado flag of Germany
9393 3 7 16
http://www.oxitec.de/

skype me. TerryTornado

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2014-11-02 11:37:40 +0800

Darksu gravatar image Darksu
1991 1 4

Hello Neus,

From the information that you have provided i believe there may be many reasons that your have a slow performance:

1. The source of the data (If it is a database then you should check your queries)
  2. The way you create your collections (pre-processing, object mapping, collectiono type, etc)

If you posted your code, it would help a lot for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Darksu

link publish delete flag offensive edit

Comments

I don't think the source of the data is the problem. As I said I'm measuring the time I spent doing my actions. The process I run to get the data source takes one sec. aprox. I know I'm responsible of that sec., but is when I lose all the control because the page is rendering, when it takes too long

Neus ( 2014-11-04 11:15:36 +0800 )edit

I will try to post an example

Neus ( 2014-11-04 11:17:26 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-10-30 08:56:38 +0800

Seen: 29 times

Last updated: Nov 02 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training