ZK Charts - y labels problem

asked 2014-09-19 00:46:45 +0800

AleAle gravatar image AleAle

Hi! I have a bar chart and when the number of series is greater than (say) 20, the labels in the y series shows intercalated (one yes and one no). How can I set the font size of the y labels? How to avoid this problem?

PD: I have the commercial version

delete flag offensive retag edit

5 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-10-07 12:42:29 +0800

I solved this by truncating long labels. I also have another problem regarding with this. When the height of the chart is of certain value, the labels in the axis are showed interloped. So I see one and one not. I decreased the size of the font, but still happends. I don't know how to handle this. Any ideas?

(the forum don't let me to upload files)

Thank's

link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2014-09-26 12:21:32 +0800

Thank's for the reponse. I can't post an image because of zk forum policy.

Well, for now i'll truncate the labels.

answered 2014-09-26 05:11:02 +0800

hawk gravatar image hawk
3250 1 5
http://hawkphoenix.blogsp... ZK Team

Hi,

could you post a picture that shows the long label issue? I see that when zkcharts will enlarge label area width of vertical axis: image description

By the way, because bar chart renders its YAxis horizontally, when you describe your issue, you had better use the terms "horizontal" and "vertical" instead of "x axis" and "y axis" to avoid ambiguity.

there is a xAxis.getLabels().setFormat("formatString"), but it seems highcharts format string only has options for date and number, not for string. http://www.highcharts.com/docs/chart-concepts/labels-and-string-formatting

Currently you have to pre-process a axis label before you insert into model, e.g. truncate long label to 10 characters.

answered 2014-09-25 00:42:20 +0800

Hi.

I solve part of the problem changing the style of the axis labels.

xAxis.getLabels().setStyle()

But that's not solve the issue when the labels are too long. I would like to use the formatter option of highcharts that allows to set a function to cut the labels for the axis but not for the tooltip. See: (api.highcharts.com/highcharts#plotOptions.bar.dataLabels.formatter)

Is there another option?

Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-09-19 00:46:45 +0800

Seen: 37 times

Last updated: Oct 07 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training