Problems integrating ZK 7.0.1 + Liferay 6.2-ga2

asked 2014-07-24 11:16:24 +0800

Vynavill gravatar image Vynavill
1 1

updated 2014-07-24 11:17:12 +0800

Greetings everyone,

I've been trying to integrate the two by using CEs, but I can't seem to get things working when using exactly these two versions.

By following bits and pieces of tips and guides found around the web, I managed to get it working for ZK 6.5.4, but no matter how hard I try, with 7.0.1 the app just completely disappears.

I'm using a custom listener for inits/cleanups to create/destroy any needed session variable, and I'm sure it runs through there (Eclipse breakpoints are triggering as expected), but anything else out of that doesn't.
In other words, it gets initialized correctly, but it's never rendered.

I've got a couple hunches about it, but I'm not sure if those are actually the reasons of my issue or not:
- AlloyUI is conflicting too much with jQueryUI. But then again, Liferay seems to be so much integrated with AlloyUI, I'm not sure deleting it would be a smart choice. I already tried (without positive result) and will keep trying to look into this myself as well, but if someone knows a way to disable it on a per-portlet basis and is feeling nice enough to share the info, it'll be much appreciated.
- Something changed in how ZK 7 manages portlets or classes extending DHtmlLayoutPortlet in comparison with its previous version.
- Something changed in how ZK 7 manages sessions in comparison with its previous version.

Unfortunately, I've been told to use Liferay as a requirement, so no, I can't use PortalLayout from ZK EE's trial version (and eventually buy it). Should you need anything else, ask and I shall provide, if I can.

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-07-29 07:54:19 +0800

Vynavill gravatar image Vynavill
1 1

updated 2014-07-29 07:55:00 +0800

I'm still looking for an answer to this.

As a side note, I've looked into Liferay's AUI related options, but unless I missed something I didn't manage to find anything that would disable it on a per-portlet basis.

Is deleting their libraries really the only way to try if they're the culprit? I'd rather not get myself into trying to translate AUI options to jQuery syntax, should the portlet work after that...

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-07-24 11:16:24 +0800

Seen: 12 times

Last updated: Jul 29 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training