Create tab dynamically, multitab application

asked 2014-05-29 00:30:55 +0800

tomr gravatar image tomr
1 1

I am trying to create ERP-type web application that can provide flexible GUI - i.e. possibility to open several documents or several reports at the same time. I guess that dynamic tabs/multi tab solution can be perfect solution. E.g. yahoo web mail has multitab GUI, several desktop applications have them (e.g. IBM Symphony which is OpenOffice adaptation), OpenBravo ERP system have them.

The question is - is that possible at all and how to start?

It would be great if ZUL forms and backen ModelView's could be suitable for both types of applications - for use as dynamically created tabs in multi-tab application and also - for as separate web pages for simple, single page web application.

My idea was that all ModelViews should be inherited from one base class. And the application itself should have one main ZUL page and ModelView, which can contain array of dynamically created inherited ModelViews - one instance for each opened tab. And so on, so on.

Is is possible to insert dynamically such ZUL page inside the another page as a new tab and at the same time - to create and bind new ModelView instance?

I had very bad experience with JSF (JSF requires dynamic building of component tree at the server side for dynamic insertion of JSF fragment/tab into the main page; this is not standard approach, there are naming problems, etc.) and that is why I am considering ZUL for such interface. As far as I know then JavaScript based applications are more flexible. E.g. OpenBravo is using some kind of JavaScript and they have dynamic tab GUI.

As far as I remember then ZKoss main demo application has dynamic tab GUI: zksample2 But unfortunately admin/admin credentials is not working and I can not check. Where is zksample2 source available?

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas!

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Reply

Sort by ยป oldest newest

answered 2014-05-29 01:04:45 +0800

mhj gravatar image mhj flag of Brazil
806 1 7

updated 2014-05-29 01:41:41 +0800

Hello tomr, you can download zksample2 in the link zksample2 you need to rename the war file to zip file and extract him. i think the project it has client and server parts. confirm that. About tab you can look the link plus_tab, also there is a very good open source application called libre plan, I downloaded the source and recommend. I hope that helps you...

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your reply
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-05-29 00:30:55 +0800

Seen: 32 times

Last updated: May 29 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training