Vbox and Hbox setSpacing=0 ignored on Safari

asked 2014-05-28 19:35:46 +0800

ansancle gravatar image ansancle
327 9

For both the vbox and hbox. setting the spacing=0 is ignored on safari, that includes UIwebKit and windows installed safari.

I have set via Css for the z-hbox-separator - z-vbox-separator to be of 0 size - this works on firefox and chrome but not on safari or UIWebKit (Ipad).

.z-vbox-separator 
{
    height: 0px !important;
    width: 0px !important;
    visibility: hidden !important;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.z-hbox-separator 
{
    width: 0px;
    visibility: hidden !important;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

When I inspect my page after drawing and look at the page in the web-console, the last css for both of these separators has a height/width of 0px - but when you look at the "computed css" they have a height/width of 2px. I can't get them to be zero on safari/ipad and it's causing me big problems since I need the sizing on the desktop and ipad to be identical. I colored the background of the vbox yellow, with each hbox inside of it as red which allows me to clearly see the lines being left by the separator. Any help appreciated, Thanks!

delete flag offensive retag edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-06-03 12:43:04 +0800

ansancle gravatar image ansancle
327 9

From ZK support :

vbox/hbox are rendered as HTML tables. Some browsers do not allow td to have 0px width. To fix this, you would need to set display to none. For example,

.z-vbox-separator { height: 0px; display: none; }

.z-hbox-separator { width: 0px; display: none; }

More simply, you can set spacing="0" to vbox/hbox directly, and ZK would apply the above style automatically. For example,

<vbox spacing="0"/> <hbox spacing="0"/>

link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
1 follower

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-05-28 19:35:46 +0800

Seen: 19 times

Last updated: Jun 03 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training