ZATS - NullPointerException

asked 2014-04-01 13:26:17 +0800

ziccardi gravatar image ziccardi
321 7

Hi all.

I'm trying to follow the documentation to write some unit test for my web application, however I always get a NullPointerException:

org.zkoss.zats.ZatsException at org.zkoss.zats.mimic.impl.EmulatorClient.connect(EmulatorClient.java:130) at x.y.z.testclass.fakeTest(UserManagementTest.java:50) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45) at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15) at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42) at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20) at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263) at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68) at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222) at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28) at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.zkoss.zats.mimic.impl.DefaultDesktopAgent.getId(DefaultDesktopAgent.java:42) at org.zkoss.zats.mimic.impl.EmulatorClient.connect(EmulatorClient.java:109) ... 27 more

I digged into the code, and found the problem to be here:

desktopAgents.put(desktopAgent.getId(), desktopAgent);

in my case, desktopAgent is null.

The page I'm trying to connect to is a zul page that includes a login.zul page that submits username/password to jspringsecurity_check.

Do you have any workaround?

Thanks in advance, Massimiliano

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

Do you use context/bindingsparams in the init/doaftercompose?

chillworld ( 2014-04-01 13:27:53 +0800 )edit

No... both the index.zul page and the included login.zul page do not have viewmodel or composer.

ziccardi ( 2014-04-01 13:47:20 +0800 )edit

3 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-04-01 13:50:30 +0800

321 7

updated 2014-04-01 13:51:01 +0800

The ZATS code I use is:

DefaultZatsEnvironment env = new DefaultZatsEnvironment("./src/main/webapp/WEB-INF");
env.init("./src/main/webapp");
env.newClient().connect("/public/index.zul"); // NullPointerException

Here is the index.zul page :

<?page title="${labels.a3serverweb.title}" contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"?>
<?taglib uri="http://www.zkoss.org/dsp/web/core" prefix="c"?>
<zk>
    <borderlayout >
        <north height="52px">
            <borderlayout>
                <west width="250px" sclass="a3-header-left"
                    border="none" />
                <center border="none" sclass="a3-header-center" />
                <east width="373px" sclass="a3-header-right"
                    border="none">
                </east>
            </borderlayout>
        </north>
        <west size="180px" style="background-color: darkgray;" collapsible="true" splittable="true">
            <include src="loginHelp.zul"/>
        </west>
        <center autoscroll="true" >
            <window style="background-color: white">
                <include src="login.zul" />
            </window>
        </center>
    </borderlayout>
</zk>

Below the included login.zul page:

<?page id="testZul" title="CUSTOM ZK + SPRING SECURITY LOGIN"?>
<vlayout width="100%">
    <zscript>
        String contextRoot = Executions.getCurrent().getContextPath();
    </zscript>
    <space orient="vertical" height="30px" />
    <label sclass="z-header"
        value="${labels.a3serverweb.admin.login.instructions}" />
        <h:form id="f" name="f"
            action="${contextRoot}/j_spring_security_check" method="POST"
            xmlns:h="native">
            <grid>
                <columns>
                    <column hflex="min" />
                    <column hflex="min" />
                    <column />
                </columns>
                <rows>
                    <row>
                        <label
                            value="${labels.a3serverweb.admin.login.label.username}" />
                        <textbox id="u" name="j_username" />
                        <label />
                    </row>
                    <row>
                        <label
                            value="${labels.a3serverweb.admin.login.label.password}">
                        </label>
                        <textbox id="p" type="password"
                            name="j_password" />

<button type="submit" label="Login" iconSclass="z-icon-sign-in a3server-button-icon"/>

</row>
                    <row spans="3">
                        <html style="color:red"
                            if="${not empty param.login_error}">
                            <![CDATA[ 
                            ${SPRING_SECURITY_LAST_EXCEPTION.message}
                            ]]>

</html>
                    </row>
                </rows>
            </grid>
        </h:form>
</vlayout>
link publish delete flag offensive edit

answered 2014-04-01 15:07:32 +0800

IngoB gravatar image IngoB flag of Germany
256 6

Try

Zats.init("./src/main/webapp");
DesktopAgent desktop = Zats.newClient().connect("/public/index.zul");

Example

Comments

That's the first think I did, and didn't work. Than I read that since I use spring I have to use the other syntax and changed from Zats.init to env.

ziccardi ( 2014-04-01 15:09:40 +0800 )edit

answered 2014-04-02 11:13:57 +0800

321 7

No workaround for this bug?

Do the ZK team still follow this forum?

I think this is a high priority bug: if the test is not able to pass the login page, there's no way to use it at all...

Comments

Zk team follows this forum, got today answer from a team member of zk.

chillworld ( 2014-04-02 11:17:29 +0800 )edit

Thank you. I was beginning to think they didn't follow this anymore since lately I wrote more than one bug and never got an answer.I've even opened issues with working ZK fiddles to replicate the problem, but no-one did even comment the jira issue (http://tracker.zkoss.org/browse/ZK-2154).

ziccardi ( 2014-04-02 11:39:04 +0800 )edit

It take sometimes long, I just got 1 tracker resolved and a lot still open :). For your problem, with the zats, can't you put a user in the securitycontextholder so your authentication is already done?

chillworld ( 2014-04-02 12:23:40 +0800 )edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2014-04-01 13:26:17 +0800

Seen: 33 times

Last updated: Apr 02 '14

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training