Analyzing memory with VisualVM. Doubt about ZK Biggest Objects

asked 2013-11-14 12:41:50 +0800

Neus gravatar image Neus
1415 14

Hi, I'm trying to improve my application memory usage and I'm using VisualVM to see which objects are retaining memory. I have made lots of changes to the application trying to reduce the memory usage of the objects. My last heapdump tells me that 61.1 MB are used. I think it is too much because I'm the only user using the application. When I check the biggest objects by retained size there's no class that I can't recognize, most of them are ZK objects. That's why I'm writing here, I hope any of you can tell me why that objects are retaining such big size and what can I do to reduce it. This is a screenshot of the list of the 20 biggest objects by retained size of my last heapdump:

image description

As you can see many of them are ZK objects. Any idea why are they retaining that size and how can I reduce the memory usage??

Thank you!!

delete flag offensive retag edit

Comments

Please, I don't know what this objects are, so I need help understanding it.

Neus ( 2013-11-18 11:42:29 +0800 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-11-26 02:21:30 +0800

jimmyshiau gravatar image jimmyshiau
4921 5
http://www.zkoss.org/ ZK Team

Hi Neus,

What ZK version do you use? those objects was created by ZK MVVM binding, you can try to make readonly component load data with EL.

change from

<template name="model" var="item">
    <row>
        <label value="@load(item.name)"/>
    </row>
</template>

to

<template name="model" var="item">
    <row>
        <label value="${item.name}"/>
    </row>
</template>
link publish delete flag offensive edit
Your answer
Please start posting your answer anonymously - your answer will be saved within the current session and published after you log in or create a new account. Please try to give a substantial answer, for discussions, please use comments and please do remember to vote (after you log in)!

[hide preview]

Question tools

Follow
2 followers

RSS

Stats

Asked: 2013-11-14 12:41:50 +0800

Seen: 11 times

Last updated: Nov 26 '13

Support Options
  • Email Support
  • Training